Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 08-15-2016, 07:14 PM   #1
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Oasis KOA FW 5.13.3 JB
Kindle Collections Manager & LibrarianSync blank collections

Problem:
When my Kindle is connected to Calibre the column "Collections" in the Device Book List view (the view that comes up when a device is connected to Calibre) only shows a few books as being in a collection. The column is basically blank. There are a few random books that correctly list the collection they are in???.

I can't determine if the issue is in Calibre, Kindle Collections Manager add-in, or the LibrarianSync KUAL extension.

Devices:
Using Calibre with Kindle Collections Manager and a JB'd Paperwhite 5.6.x with KUAL and LibrarianSync.

Workflow:
1) In Calibre I created a custom column in my library naming the collections manually.
2) Configure Kindle Collections Manager to use that column to Create Collections
3) Create Collections on the Kindle from Calibre
4) Eject Kindle and run Update Collections (and I've tried Rebuild) from Calibre using the LibrarianSync extension in KUAL.
5) Restart the Kindle just for good measure. All books show up properly in their collections (even before restarting).
6) Connect the Kindle to the computer and Import Kindle Collections into Calibre into a different custom column. Everything matches.
7) However, on the Device Book List view the standard column "Collections" is mostly blank.

So, I can successfully create collections in Calibre, send them to the Kindle through the Kindle Collections Manager add-in, incorporate them with LibrarianSync on my Kindle, then read them back into Calibre. The only glitch is they do not show in the "official" Device Book List column called "Collections". Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?
picree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 07:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I recently asked the same.
Answer is they don't work together.
Just use the Kindle collections PI and ignore that column
(IIRC the PI can populate a custom column)
Kindle (whisper) Sync recognizes/transfers collections made with the PI
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2016, 07:49 PM   #3
picree
Connoisseur
picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'picree knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle Oasis KOA FW 5.13.3 JB
Well, I suspected as much but was hoping. With lots of books and multiple libraries it just gets confusing if it all doesn't match. Looking into the Amazon Cloud multiplies the "Collections Confusion" exponentially. So...just having the Kindle itself sorted by Collections is enough for now.

picree is offline   Reply With Quote