Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 05-29-2018, 11:30 AM   #1
Atomised
Atomised began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hello: calibre looks great

Hi, busy soaking up all I can about calibre, wish I had done it years ago.

I do have a question:

I have several books on calibre and the basic functions seem pretty self explanatory, but... I bought a book on eBooks which downloads via an acsm file. According to wikipedia this is associated with DRM, so that would explain why I can't open the book with calibre. Yet the calibre Get function finds that this book is green DRM (whatever that means) rather than red, so doesn't that mean I should be able to download it?

I am confused because I clicked the button on eBooks which says 'download epub file, but what actually downloads is this acsm file.

Anyone know where I am fouling up?

Many thanks

Atomised
Atomised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2018, 11:57 AM   #2
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Atomised and welcome to MobileRead. This is the Introduction section where you just tell us a bit about yourself. You should post your Calibre question in that section where you will get a quick answer.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
acsm, calibre, download, drm, epub