Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-30-2018, 02:27 AM   #46
Mivo
Fanatic
Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mivo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: In use: Pocketbook InkPad 3, Kobo Glo, iPad Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
And I'm not even an eink fan generally, I prefer LCD screens.
Why is that? I’ve tried doing all my reading on LCD display devices, but it never is as comfortable (eye strain) or practical (sunlight, battery) as an e-ink reader.
Mivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:53 AM   #47
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alohamora View Post
Always? I think a front lit e-reader trumps any mass market pb, new or old.
I took him to mean there will always be some paper/ink combo that trumps E-Ink, not that ALL paper/ink combos always trumps E-Ink.

Even my way of reading it, though, always is a long time, so I'm not so sure.

I think it was Arthur C. Clarke who said "Any sufficiently advanced e-ink display is indistinguishable from that magic paper in the Harry Potter movies."

Last edited by ApK; 05-31-2018 at 09:12 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert