Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-05-2018, 02:50 AM   #31
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by geek1011 View Post
How about for the Aura ONE Limited Edition:

https://api.kobobooks.com/1.0/Upgrad...381/kobo/0.0/N

Code:
<UpgradeCheckResult xmlns:i="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="http://schemas.datacontract.org/2004/07/WebAPI.APIModel">
<Data i:nil="true"/>
<ReleaseNoteURL>http://api.kobobooks.com/1.0/ReleaseNotes/1</ReleaseNoteURL>
<UpgradeType>UpgradeForced</UpgradeType>
<UpgradeURL>
http://download.kobobooks.com/firmwares/kobo6/Dec2017/kobo-limitededitionupdate-4.7.10364.zip
</UpgradeURL>
</UpgradeCheckResult>
It only comes with the factory, but it shows as an update. That's what made me think 378 and 379 would do the same.

BTW, my downloader shows an error if it cannot find any update (which is what happened), or if parsing the output failed.
Sorry, you are misinterpreting this. There are a few firmware versions involved:

- Factory firmware - what is installed on the device when it is built.
- Factory reset firmware - what is in the recovery partition. It is probably the same as the Factory firmware.
- Release day firmware - what is available to download on the day the device is released.
- Currently available firmware - what is available for any particular device today.

Now, the Aura ONE's factory firmware was, from memory, 3.20.x. The release day firmware was 4.0.7523. And as the device updates during the setup, this is what most people saw. Most of these when factory reset will go back to the 3.20.x firmware and then update to whatever is available today.

For the Aura ONE Limited Edition, the release day firmware was 4.7.10364. I don't know what the factory firmware is, but I'm guessing it was probably a 4.6.x version. It might have been 4.6.10197 which is what the new Edition 2 devices have. But, I think it would have been an earlier build.

For the two new devices, they only have the factory firmware, 4.6.10197. Kobo has not released an update for them, hence when they were first setup, they didn't download anything. And when we check now, there is no update available.

And "No update available" is a valid response because the question the device is asking is: "I have version x, do you have something newer than that for me?" Until Kobo releases the first firmware update for a particular device, the answer to that question is going to be "No" for any firmware version number you use include 0.0.0.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 08:20 AM   #32
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Sorry, you are misinterpreting this. There are a few firmware versions involved:

- Factory firmware - what is installed on the device when it is built.
- Factory reset firmware - what is in the recovery partition. It is probably the same as the Factory firmware.
- Release day firmware - what is available to download on the day the device is released.
- Currently available firmware - what is available for any particular device today.

Now, the Aura ONE's factory firmware was, from memory, 3.20.x. The release day firmware was 4.0.7523. And as the device updates during the setup, this is what most people saw. Most of these when factory reset will go back to the 3.20.x firmware and then update to whatever is available today.

For the Aura ONE Limited Edition, the release day firmware was 4.7.10364. I don't know what the factory firmware is, but I'm guessing it was probably a 4.6.x version. It might have been 4.6.10197 which is what the new Edition 2 devices have. But, I think it would have been an earlier build.

For the two new devices, they only have the factory firmware, 4.6.10197. Kobo has not released an update for them, hence when they were first setup, they didn't download anything. And when we check now, there is no update available.

And "No update available" is a valid response because the question the device is asking is: "I have version x, do you have something newer than that for me?" Until Kobo releases the first firmware update for a particular device, the answer to that question is going to be "No" for any firmware version number you use include 0.0.0.
Oh... I see now. Thanks so much for the clarification. I can't believe I overlooked that possibility.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2018, 03:39 AM   #33
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
SketchNote=true
Please, tell me what exactly this line does? How exactly this tweak works.
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 12:52 PM   #34
Derf
Connoisseur
Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Derf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD / Mac User
Is there any chance that this might lead to enabling Overdrive support on additional devices?
Derf is offline   Reply With Quote