Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 05-13-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Sigil files go where?

Just started playing around and created some stuff on Sigil. When I saved it, the file planted itself in my 'Downloads' folder. What shall I do to tell Sigil to, go find its own folder?

Maybe its my setup? Still haven't quite got used to Windows 10.
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 04:01 AM   #2
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Ive got it figured. Sorry. Just me having a senior moment.
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Glad you got it sorted. Probably the last folder you opened or saved-to was the Download folder.

I just have a megafolder called Online (because it started as my working folder for building websites). Beneath that is a folder called Books, and beneath that is a folder for each book. So whatever I am working with -- Sigil, Word, OpenOffice Writer, DOS Wordstar, Photoshop -- I go to the same spot.

A great thing about Sigil is that, unlike every other software I've worked with, it has an option to Save A Copy. As long as the program stays open (which for me is often days at a time) it will put that Copy into my Dropbox folder. And I never confuse the working version with the Copy version. Every other program requires that I Save As, so I have to remember whether I am working in Dropbox or in Online/Books/ThisHereBook.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2017, 01:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Sigil saves 'Opened books" back where they were.
Save As will ask (and leaves the Original in place)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote