Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #1036
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiadesc View Post
Would a plugin to search the current library with a list of multiple books at the same time possible?
Job Spy version 1.0.78+ has a GUI Tool that searches Calibre using the book titles currently stored in the system clipboard, and shows you the results.

There is an example attached to the Original Post with the name "js_search_for_titles_in_clipboard.jpg".

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=269911

DaltonST

Last edited by DaltonST; 09-23-2017 at 02:37 PM. Reason: link added
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 01:26 AM   #1037
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
To batch modify a CSS property

Please have a look at this working script.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...90#post3587090

I think this gives some interesting possibilities to batch modify EPUB. This task could be handled by a Calibre plugin, because Calibre has built-in batch-processing capabilities.

For example one could thus previously tweak a batch of EPUB before a Kindle conversion (some CSS properties may be incompatible for this task).

A more ambitious purpose would be to define custom stylesheets that'll be added during all Calibre conversions .I.e., it might be easier to add all epubs to Calibre, define a custom stylesheet and then do an epub-to-epub conversion.

As I am not a coder, I'll leave this idea here, hoping that somebody will pick it up.

Last edited by PeterT; 09-30-2017 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Corrected URL
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-30-2017, 02:35 AM   #1038
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

I would really like a plugin that would allow me to add custom columns to User Categories without having to go into "User Categories editor".

Perhaps something where I could right-click on a book and choose which column I would like added to a user category.
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 08:51 PM   #1039
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Hello,

Would it be possible to have a restart calibre plugin? I have a library that I need to restart often to start importing books.
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 09:55 PM   #1040
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleiadesc View Post
Hello,

Would it be possible to have a restart calibre plugin? I have a library that I need to restart often to start importing books.
This is already part of calibre. Go to Preferences - Toolbars and select a toolbar or menu, then move Restart from the left side to the right side to have Restart included in that toolbar or menu going forward.

Personally I don't add it to any calibre menu or toolbar I add it to my Favourites Menu Plugin, see attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	favorites.png
Views:	226
Size:	438.4 KB
ID:	159268  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-02-2017 at 10:42 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #1041
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
or just type Ctrl-R
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 02:54 AM   #1042
pleiadesc
Connoisseur
pleiadesc began at the beginning.

Thank you DoctorOhh and theducks!
pleiadesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:38 AM   #1043
mohamedselim
Technophile
mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!mohamedselim rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Xiaomi redmi 5+ ,kindle Voyage etc
Suggestipn for plugin:
Macro creator: if we do repetitive jobs in conversion or modification or polishing or combunations of them, we could create macro when pressed will do the repititive jobs for us in sequence step by step
First record the desired macro click record and do the repititive task then stop and it create shortcut when pressed will reapply them to the books we selected
mohamedselim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:39 PM   #1044
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohamedselim View Post
Suggestipn for plugin:
Macro creator: if we do repetitive jobs in conversion or modification or polishing or combunations of them, we could create macro when pressed will do the repititive jobs for us in sequence step by step
First record the desired macro click record and do the repititive task then stop and it create shortcut when pressed will reapply them to the books we selected
I also would like a plugin that does something like this. However I notice that a similar request already exists in the list of requested plugins in post 1. No one seems to be interested in creating such a plug in although I reckon it would get a lot of use.
Thasaidon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 09:48 PM   #1045
Thasaidon
Hedge Wizard
Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Thasaidon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Nook Simple
A plugin I would like is one that just gives a simple beep when a task in Calibre is completed. Ideally this could be toggled on and off.

When doing tasks in Calibre i.e. Conversion, modify books etc. they can take several minutes and I may not notice the rotator has stopped spinning. Hence why I would like an audible signal.

Thanks
Thasaidon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:50 AM   #1046
pedalmonkey
pedalmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
custom button to apply a tag?

I've been looking and can't find a method to address this...

I'd like to add a button to the tool bar that would a particular tag to the metadata of the book that is selected.

Is there already a plug-in that can do this?

thanks
pedalmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 11:45 AM   #1047
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
If you are adding the same tag(s) to multiple books:

(Multi )select books: Tap 'E' (metadata editor bulk mode): Add Tags: <select as many as you want for ALL these books>
not a 1 button solution

ALSO
Adding books has an option to apply a tag to all book being added
Add Empty books, has a separate Tag to Add
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:22 AM   #1048
compurandom
Guru
compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.compurandom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura h2o, kobo forma
Also, you can use the reading list plugin to add tags.

Add list
list type: manually add/remove items
when changing list: update column for add
column to update: tags (or whatever)
value to add: your favorite tag...

This won't give you a single button, but it's not too far, just a pull down on the reading list to select your tag.
compurandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 04:14 AM   #1049
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by compurandom View Post
Also, you can use the reading list plugin to add tags.

Add list
list type: manually add/remove items
when changing list: update column for add
column to update: tags (or whatever)
value to add: your favorite tag...

This won't give you a single button, but it's not too far, just a pull down on the reading list to select your tag.
- great idea, and it can be one-keystroke, the Reading List has provision for keyboard shortcuts for Add/Remove/View etc to XXXX list where XXXX is name of list.

Give compurandom a Koala Stamp

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:43 PM   #1050
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
I wonder if a plugin could be developed that would enable books in the Mobi format to take advantage of the new bold slider. Looks like I'm going to be left with a number of books that this would apply to, and the Booklerly font with just a little boldness makes a big difference in reading pleasure.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, chatbot, cover, epub fix, epub-fix, google books, kindle, metadata calibre title, missing, pdf, pdf and calibre, plugin development, scribe