Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 05-09-2018, 11:02 AM   #1
JohnDae
Connoisseur
JohnDae began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
KOReader stability issue (pocketbook)

This software has fantastic features at least for djvu and pdf files but I'm having bad stability issues reading a djvu file.

Sometimes page turns fail, sometimes page fails to clear old content, sometimes the software just freezes.

Am I doing something wrong like using a bleeding edge version?

I'm using this version: koreader-pocketbook-arm-obreey-linux-gnueabi-v2015.11-1564-gbfd55c7_2018-03-13.zip
JohnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
If anything, that edge might not be bloody enough .

(i.e., Try again with a current nightly/OTA).

Also, check on GitHub if there's anything reported about your specific device, because PB support can be weird, AFAIK.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2018, 01:10 PM   #3
JohnDae
Connoisseur
JohnDae began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD 2
Latest version did not fix the page not turning issue but I didn't see any failures to clear old page content and draw over it anymore (as of yet).

Apparently, its somewhat known issue due to PB device auto-suspending in the middle of page turns.

From the looks of it, somebody needs to add PB API call to disable suspend during page turns and then re-enable them after the page has turned. And the same for navigating the menus etc.

Since Coolreader works on this device they probably do it either right or just disable auto-suspends and consume more battery.
JohnDae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 09:04 AM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
That already exists, see https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/3540

Unfortunately it's only nearly finished, not completely.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote