Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 07-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #16
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo and Aura HD
@all the new attachment should work on 2.5.x, it is directly taken from my kobo and it is running nicely on it. I must have messed up something with the previous version, like I modified something and forgot about it.
giorgio130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:56 AM   #17
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
@all the new attachment should work on 2.5.x, it is directly taken from my kobo and it is running nicely on it. I must have messed up something with the previous version, like I modified something and forgot about it.
Is it worth trying it on 2.6.1?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 03:14 AM   #18
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Is it worth trying it on 2.6.1?
I answer myself: No, it does not work.

First, I still had the bug voyage2005 menitioned earlier, koreader-kobo.sh vs. koreader_kobo.sh, of course that did nothing.
I now changed it to koreader_kobo.sh.
What it does now is to reboot my Mini after a few seconds.

No crash.log though.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:40 AM   #19
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
I answer myself: No, it does not work.

First, I still had the bug voyage2005 menitioned earlier, koreader-kobo.sh vs. koreader_kobo.sh, of course that did nothing.
I now changed it to koreader_kobo.sh.
What it does now is to reboot my Mini after a few seconds.

No crash.log though.
In my case, more simply nothing happens at all, the system is simply unresponsive, but does not reboot.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:54 AM   #20
giorgio130
Time Waster
giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.giorgio130 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@paola are you using it under 2.5.x? I think I stated clearly this does currently not work under 2.6.1. I think I'm near to compile a version working under it, I just need to recompile with the proper toolchain.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #21
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio130 View Post
@paola are you using it under 2.5.x? I think I stated clearly this does currently not work under 2.6.1. I think I'm near to compile a version working under it, I just need to recompile with the proper toolchain.
giorgio, yes my mistake, I have 2.6.1. In case it is of any help, what the current version does to my firmware is more sinister, in the sense that it appears to compromise the database. Anyhow, I will wait for the new version, and again thanks for all the sterling work on this!
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 08:48 AM   #22
pbra
pbra began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Thanks giorgio, this version work with my 2.5.2.
After a quick test I noted five things :
- accented characters doesn't display in epub (not a big deal I won't use koreader for epubs)
- I can't find how to change page inside the FileManager (maybe my fault)
- Hyphenation in pdf reflow cut the words anywhere, it's hard to read
- When I close and reopen a pdf It doesn't remember the last read page and restart at the top
- I can't open cbz files

regards

Last edited by pbra; 07-01-2013 at 12:10 PM.
pbra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #23
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
Doesn't work on aura with 2.5.2.
The program starts fine, but as soon as you touch the screen it gets filled with visual distortion.
Pretty sure there is the problem with the resolution on the aura.

Just an idea, it looks similar to an error that I know from other software, which is caused by a mismatched divider in the ui code and the device resolution.
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #24
giorgio130
Time Waster

@pbra just swipe left-right to change page in file selector.
@ewphoenix123, that's unfortunate, since I didn't hard-code the resolution anywhere in the build. It looks like the method used to figure it out on Glo, mini and touch somehow is not working for the Aura? I don't know how to work on this since I don't own one.
The issue is strange, are you saying that koreader displays fine the list of files but as soon as you interact the screen gets corrupted?
Old 07-01-2013, 03:19 PM   #25
giorgio130
Time Waster

I'm uploading a version that is working under 2.6.1, at least on my Glo. That indeed only required a build for the armhf architecture. Sadly though, that is something more to keep us apart from full compatibility of the same builds for Kindles and Kobos.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:24 PM   #26
WS64

Tested the 2.6.1 version on my Mini.
Now it starts, but after that I get the same result as ewphoenix123 in post 22, so I don't think it is related to the screen resolution.

Looks like this (looks different every time), 2 examples:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2qcl2qw.jpg
Views:	1878
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	107557
(Click to enlarge)

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 07-02-2013 at 08:10 AM.
Old 07-01-2013, 05:47 PM   #27
ewphoenix123
Addict
ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'ewphoenix123 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo: Glo, Aura , Aura H2O, Aura ONE, Forma, Elipsa
yep that's the problem
ewphoenix123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 07:02 PM   #28
voyage2005
voyage2005 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hi giorgio130,

The koreader_old.zip works fine in my glo 2.5.2. Thanks! Is there a convenient way to exit the program. I remember xor_ has another version koreader as below which has a black home button on top. It can trigger to restart. If your build version can add this function that would be great!

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...0&postcount=73
voyage2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 11:17 PM   #29
BWinmill
Nameless Being

Same issue. Aura HD, firmware 2.6.1 (using 2.6.1 version of koreader), starting it from KoboLauncher (from pbchess-1.2.5-new). Also have the inverse mod installed. I make it to the file manager and any press on the screen that is away from the list of files produces mild corruption. Pressing on a file seems to produce a lot of corruption. Pressing away from the list of files then pressing on a file first produces mild corruption then a lot of corruption.
Old 07-02-2013, 12:51 AM   #30
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Same issue. Aura HD, firmware 2.6.1 (using 2.6.1 version of koreader), starting it from KoboLauncher (from pbchess-1.2.5-new).

Mine is a single page listing of the authors folders that calibre placed on my Aura. It appears to have them all, but I only have a few on the device, while I am trying different things. If I have to reset the internal memory, I don't want to reload more than I need for immediate use.

The corruption is there as has been described, but more to the point nothing appears to be being selected. The [X] in the upper right corner isn't being selected and no action is taken.

To get out of that nonfunctional display, I have to plug in the USB cable connected to my PC and poweroff. Just using the poweroff doesn't work.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote