Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-15-2012, 04:53 AM   #2896
CaelThunderwing
Zealot
CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40CaelThunderwing is slicker than a case of WD-40

Device: K3(Wifi+3G)
ya'd think i'd have some sense after screwin up my K3, i had ordered K4 NT (Black) the day i bricked my K3, just yesterday i decide dto JB+ install the font hack, Strangely enough theres some books that the kindle errors when trying to open them (and i had used the droid sans font.) uninstalled it and all was fine, any idea what's up?
CaelThunderwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 12:13 PM   #2897
madalimba
madalimba began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle Wi-Fi+3G (U.S.&Canada+some Europe Countries)
need help with kindle 3g

hi, I am stuck with my kindle 3g . tryed all day to jailbreak it so I can use my custom made screensavers, but no results .

I had FW 3.3 installed on it, so i tried to use the update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3g_install.bin from the NiLuJe jailbreak, with absolute no success. It said update performed, I installed also the update_ss_0.33.N_k3g_install.bin for the screensavers. But when i slid the switch to see my new screensavers, well there were only the old ones.

After hours of more reading on the form i decided to update to FW 3.4, and tried to do a clean install of the update_jailbreak_0.11.N_k3g_install.bin, followed by update_ss_0.33.N_k3g_install.bin, and had the same result: old screensaver from Amazon.

Is this has to do with the fact that i may have one of those Special Offer editions (I got my kindle as a gift for my birthday, so I had no chance of choosing weather it has that special offers or no, although it seems extremely stupid and annoying to have commercials only available in US, when I'm in Romania)?

Any help, much appreciated!
madalimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 01:36 PM   #2898
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
First four characters of your serial number please.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #2899
madalimba

Serial No. B006
Old 12-16-2012, 02:26 PM   #2900
madalimba

also I've been trying to find a download for the update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin so I can try it, but not succeeded. I can only find the last version of the jailbreak which is 0.11.N

I did tried another crack, the Kubizo Kindle Screensaver Changer, which seemed to have this update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin pre-installed, but also proved non-efficient. I would still like to try with the update_jailbreak_0.10.N_k3g-3.2.1_install.bin by itself, maybe I have a chance, only if I could find a source for it
Advert
Old 12-16-2012, 05:17 PM   #2901
madalimba

update

in the mean time I found out that I DO POSSES an SO Kindle :P ... so since my country of residence does not allow me (neither my expired visa card) on Amazon site to disable the SO, I followed the removing ads tutorial from here: [link removed - moderator] and indeed now I have no more ads on my kindle.

my question is now: how will I be able to put on some of my personal screensavers ???

the jailbreak and ss file I mentioned before is still not working for me

any other options? preferably without disabling my future chances of making any updates to the FW

thanks

Last edited by dreams; 12-17-2012 at 03:10 AM. Reason: removed link - moderator
Old 12-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #2902
mmoreira
mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.mmoreira knows the square root of minus one.

Device: KindleDX
Quote:
Originally Posted by madalimba View Post
Is this has to do with the fact that i may have one of those Special Offer editions
This is quote from the first page:
Quote:
Note for Kindle Special Offers Users:

This doesn't, and won't ever, help you bypass something you agreed to (screensaver ads), so please stop asking.
This hacks don't work on special offers edition.
mmoreira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 02:39 AM   #2903
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by madalimba View Post
Serial No. B006
You should be able to contact Amazon customer service and ask them to remove the special offers.
There should be an e-mail link in your Kindle account to reach them.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #2904
madalimba

ok, I understand now. thanks anyway for all the answers, I was just confused about all those ads, and didn't know to much about the fact that there is this SO edition of kindles, and that I do poses one of those .

thanks again for all the answers! and happy holidays to everybody!
Old 12-23-2012, 12:22 AM   #2905
jonomendoza
jonomendoza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Yesterday I'm successfully install jailbreak, LP, usbnetwork on my K3 (3.4)

Then I try to install audiobook player but not succeed, I though I did something wrong and decide to factory reset my K3, and try to start over.

But when I'm trying to install jailbreak, LP, usbnetwork, it all failed. There's error code U007 on the left bottom corner.

I tried to uninstall jailbreak, LP, usbnetwork, and it still error U007.

What should I do?

Thank you.
jonomendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:11 AM   #2906
jonomendoza
jonomendoza began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonomendoza View Post
Yesterday I'm successfully install jailbreak, LP, usbnetwork on my K3 (3.4)

Then I try to install audiobook player but not succeed, I though I did something wrong and decide to factory reset my K3, and try to start over.

But when I'm trying to install jailbreak, LP, usbnetwork, it all failed. There's error code U007 on the left bottom corner.

I tried to uninstall jailbreak, LP, usbnetwork, and it still error U007.

What should I do?

Thank you.
update:

it seems that LP still working (~help working) but the usbnetwork not.
I tried to activate it and use it with usb cable, it doesn't work (still USB Drive Mode)
I tried it over WIFI still not work (connection refused)

On my kindle mount there's only Audible, Documents, and Music folder.
I tried to copy the usbnet folder and linkjail folder from the zip file, but still doesn't work.

I can't find the launchpad folder.

Any idea?
jonomendoza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #2907
vdp
Enthusiast
vdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watchvdp is clearly one to watch

Device: Kindle DXG
Hi everyone,
due to a not yet fully understood glitch, all fonts are missing from "/usr/java/lib/fonts/" on my KDXG. It would be great if someone is able to upload an archive with the original fonts(I was happy enough with these) somewhere.

Edit: The problem is already solved, please ignore this post.

Last edited by vdp; 12-24-2012 at 11:20 AM.
vdp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #2908
mcandre
Connoisseur
mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle
The usbnet hack is really helpful. I'd like to see two small changes to make it a really top notch mod.

* Please add a "Turn usbnet on"/"Restore file access" option to the home menu. The current Search bar method works, but it's not easy for most users, and it's a bother to type the commands manually over and over when a simple menu toggle option would do.

* Please set WiFi SSH access to true by default. WiFi is more straightforward to use than USB. Security may not be an issue for two reasons. First, SSH access is only possible while usbnet is enabled. Second, Kindles do have root passwords. At least on my Kindle Keyboard 3, my root password is derived from my serial number (https://github.com/mcandre/mcandre/b...ot-password.py)
mcandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #2909
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@mcandre:

1/ Nope. A giant PITA on the 3, and out of my skill set anyway. Use LP/Kite there. Use the GUI Launcher on a Touch. If the *three* letters required to toggle it on a PW are too much, I'm not sure there's anything more I can do for you .

2/ Nope again. I actually rely on the defaults (for various reasons, one of them being it works nicely across all the supported devices, and another being that the nopasswordchk switch somewhat eases the first time setup, and is actually much more important since 5.3. And enabling it over WiFI is still a huge NO, it'd mean leaving a giant hole open to the world, because it simply bypasses the password check, so, while there might indeed be a root password set and while it might be derivable from the SN, it doesn't enter the equation. ).

(In case that wasn't clear: when WiFi is diabled, dropbear bypasses the password check.)

Last edited by NiLuJe; 12-24-2012 at 07:42 PM.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 12:28 AM   #2910
RealBigSwede
PaperWhite Mooron
RealBigSwede began at the beginning.

Device: PaperWhite PaperWhite
Hello All,
I just got a Kindle PaperWhite (firmware 5.3.1) and installed JailBreak (latest version). I like to install more fonts and screen saver, But I can't figure how to do that. I need step by step instructions. If some one could find it in their heart to make a file that explain it I would really, really appreciate that.
Thanks In advanced, RealBigSwede

PS In the descriptions I see all the other Kindles names and can't finer the PaperWhite

Last edited by RealBigSwede; 12-25-2012 at 12:30 AM.
RealBigSwede is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fonts, fw3, hack, jailbreak 3.1, niluje's hacks, screensavers, usbnet