Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 02-10-2009, 08:04 PM   #1
flumbo
I got nothin...
flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.flumbo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

eReader V2.0 for iPhone out

eReader V2.0 for iPhone was released last night. Adds autoscroll, margin control, line spacing control and color theme support.

Nice upgrade.

jkOnTheRun has the details.
flumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:55 AM   #2
Donnageddon
Now you lishen here...
Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Donnageddon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650. Kobo Touch, Kindle Fire
I have the update, and the autoscroll is well implemented. I like it!

I haven't had the time to play with the other improvements.
Donnageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-11-2009, 08:59 AM   #3
ki5ck
Connoisseur
ki5ck began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone, Note3
Not a happy update for me. Logging on to fictionwise crashes the app.
ki5ck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 07:09 PM   #4
Echoloc8
Echoloc8 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
Thumbs down Response from Fictionwise re: crash-on-login

I got the crash-on-Fictionwise-or-eReader-logon behavior, too.

This was the response from Fictionwise:

Quote:
Hi,

Version 2.0 of the eReader reading application for the iPhone and iPod touch was recently released. The new version has already been downloaded thousands of times and is working successfully for our users. However, a small percentage of our users are having problems when logging into their eReader.com or Fictionwise.com bookshelf from the application. This issue can be solved by removing the eReader application and re-downloading it from the App Store.

To delete eReader:
1. Press and hold the eReader icon on the iPhone or iPod touch screen until the icons begin to shake
2. Touch the "X" in the upper left hand corner of the eReader application
3. Press the device's [ ] button to stop the rest of the icons from shaking

After eReader is removed, re-download it from the iTunes App store.

Please check the web page below for updates concerning this issue.
http://www.ereader.com/help/iphonefaq.htm

We apologize for the issue and we appreciate your patience.

Best Regards,

Ted
eReader.com Support Team
Bummer. Looks like I'll have to make a list of all the books I've synced in the past (from eReader *and* Fictionwise *and* my own collection), their bookmarks and the like, before trying the "fix."

-Rich
Echoloc8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
Alsicole
Connoisseur
Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alsicole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPhone 6, iPad Mini Retina,
Yes I had a similar problem on my iPod touch. I just noted the page number of the book I was on, deleted, redownloaded my books and all is well again. One thing I did notice is that the pages were formatted slightly differently, so the page I was on was actually slightly different. That may have been affected by the margin changes. Still, it's working now and the improvements are really nice.

A.
Alsicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-13-2009, 12:39 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Got it and am happily reading away.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote