Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-22-2012, 11:09 PM   #1
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
Life Application Study Bible NLT Edition free at ebooks.com

Life Application Study Bible NLT is at ebooks.com with a price of $0.00. I just happened to stumble across it and everyone else seems to have it at regular price, so it might be a (short lived?) fluke. "NLT" is the "New Living Translation".

Link at ebooks.com
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:43 AM   #2
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
Thanks for posting this! I used to own a hardcopy of this book, but we lent it out and it never returned to us!

On the downside, I've installed their app for my Kindle Fire HD 7, and it's working fine, and I see my LASB NLT ready for download, but when I click on it, the little downloading window comes up but it just sits there at 0.0% and never moves, despite my internet working fine on the Kindle and my MacBook Pro. I've sent a ticket in to ebooks.com. I wish this were downloading because this is a great thing to have.

I'm still grateful you posted this though!

Last edited by HaggisMacJedi; 12-23-2012 at 07:12 AM.
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 01:27 PM   #3
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
You can download the EPUB. Takes a few steps, but it works fine.

62MB in size
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:10 PM   #4
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can you elaborate? I've been fighting with this thing all day and am REALLY starting to get frustrated.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:56 PM   #5
Difflugia
Testate Amoeba
Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Difflugia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Many Android devices, Kindle 2, Toshiba e755 PocketPC
I haven't used their app and I'm not sure what you have available on the Kindle Fire, but I can describe the basic steps to get it onto a PC.

First, install Adobe Digital Editons on your PC. There's a link at the ebooks.com download page or here.

Then, if you click on the link to download the book, it should download a .acsm file that will be automatically opened by Adobe Digital Editions. Once it's in Digital Editions, you should be able to use Digital Editions to transfer the epub to your Kindle Fire if you have a reading app that works with Adobe DRM (I use Aldiko).

If it's still giving you trouble, let us know.
Difflugia is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2012, 06:34 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

sorry, I saw the download link while checking out (it took several pages to get to it).

Try clicking: My Account and logging in.

You'll see the book in the middle of the page, with a Download link. Click it. Ignore the pulldown on the left side of the page (who knows what it does) and click the pulldown menu underneath Select the format for download from the list below: and pick Adobe Digital Editions. Then click on Submit and from there it will download the ACSM file, just as any other ADE book does. Open it and Digital Editions will download the book.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:53 PM   #7
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot

I've got the epub file and I can read it on my MacBook. I also have the app from ebooks.com website on my Kindle Fire HD, and the NLT shows up on the bookshelf to download, but it never downloads it. I tried sideloading it using the Android Transfer app, but the program never recognized it that way. I tried using Calibre to convert it, but of course Calibre was like "Huh, uh, that's DRM'd". Guess I'll see if I can find Aldiko. Shew this is a lot of trouble for this one book.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:51 AM   #8
koland
Grand Sorcerer

You can get Aldiko from their website, now, I think.

It works great (and reads B&N books, too, IIRC).
Old 12-24-2012, 09:42 AM   #9
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot

I got Aldiko. The problem now is when I log into my Adobe ID, it shows that the device is registered, but keeps looping me back to the log in page. Grrrrrrr. I'm about to chuck this project and just go back to a paper version.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:57 AM   #10
piperclassique
A garbling groftpot
piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.piperclassique ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis, Voyage, Kobo mini, Samsung tablet, phones, whatever.
I got it on bluefire OK. If you are using a tablet, make sure you are in the main site, not the mobile one or a lot of the options will be absent.
piperclassique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 08:12 PM   #11
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaggisMacJedi View Post
I got Aldiko. The problem now is when I log into my Adobe ID, it shows that the device is registered, but keeps looping me back to the log in page. Grrrrrrr. I'm about to chuck this project and just go back to a paper version.
Try downloading it to your desktop first, using Adobe. Then move the epub to something like dropbox and use it's open with facility to send it to Aldiko or Blue Reader.

Some apps have issues with massive downloads, especially if your internet has any slowdowns.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:27 AM   #12
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
Thanks for posting. I was seriously considering buying a copy of this book just a few days ago.

Last edited by anijh; 01-02-2013 at 12:09 PM.
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote