Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 12-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
noteventime
noteventime began at the beginning.

Device: Bokeen Odyssey
Stuck as "Connected..." on boot after update

I just did a manual update to build 1476 which seemed to go fine (the progress bar appears and gives the correct firmware version) but it resulted in the reader getting stuck in the "Connected..." screen after the boot animation.

This happens independently of whether or not the reader is connected to a USB-port or the microSD-card is inserted (during boot or otherwise). I've tried connecting and disconnecting it to a USB-port a couple of times (the orange LED still turns on and off) and restarting it a few times (it still reacts as supposed to the power-switch and the boot-animation appears as before). Additionally, I've tried reinstalling the firmware twice, to no avail.

As I've been unable to find any reference to such a problem I figured this would be the best place to ask whether this is a known problem.
noteventime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #2
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
That ring a bell...

Yes, that one :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200528

Might be some issue with the usb plug.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
noteventime

Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
That ring a bell...

Yes, that one :
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=200528

Might be some issue with the usb plug.
That does look similar. Just to be clear though, this is a regular Odyssey (rebranded as adlibris letto for the scandinavian market) and the "Connected..." message appeared without the device actually being connected to a computer at the time (it went to "connected..." immediately after the firmware upgrade + boot screen).
Old 12-27-2012, 10:34 PM   #4
noteventime

I just noticed that mounting the device on a computer still works perfectly well (even if the actual physical connection is made after getting stuck in the "Connected..." screen).