Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 09-09-2012, 03:07 PM   #1
vinniec
vinniec began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question help for a choice (prs-t1 / nook simple touch)

I was deciding whether to buy the prt-t1 sony or nook touch and I have some questions.
The sony is more attractive because it supports audio and it has a stylus, but someone told me that it has problems of storage of downloaded applications (after rooting).
He don't explained the question to me very well, he said that even activating the movement of apps on sd space remained limited.
1)is this true? you could explain it to me?
2) the nook does not have this problem?
3)I must wait for the release of new readers?

Thank

Last edited by vinniec; 09-09-2012 at 03:12 PM.
vinniec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 10:56 PM   #2
e-ink
partly refreshed
e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.e-ink could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: It's a Sony :P prs-t1
I don't know anything about the nook, but regarding your question about the T1:

Sony's storage setup wasn't meant to install additional applications. So in the original setup there is not much space for additional apps.

After rooting there are 3 solutions to address this problem.
- APPS2SD (the easy way)
this allows to move apps from the internal data partition to the SD card.
Beware that some app data is still stored internally and therefore still needs internal space. Also the filesystem on the SD card doesn't support permissions which might cause problems. In other words it works, but its not optimal

- Repartition internal storage (My preferred way, but this operation can be fatal if you make a mistake)
You hereby increase the size of the data partition, which holds the apps.
Backup the drive before any operation.

- Link2SD (obsolete)

You find all the information in the Rooting and Tweaks Guide
and on the Developer forum
e-ink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2012, 09:34 AM   #3
vinniec
vinniec began at the beginning.

Device: none
They told me that the nook can boot from external sd, at this point there is no race.
P.s. I have done research and by default seems that the nook has a data partition of 800mb and the prs-t1 of 40 mb
vinniec is offline   Reply With Quote