Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 08-20-2012, 07:52 AM   #1
darkl
darkl is on a distinguished road

Device: Cybook Orizon
Recipe for "Le monde édition abonné"

I appenrently forgot to post my recipe for "Le monde Édition abonné", (Le monde, subscriber edition) here.

So here is the link to my current version (on github): https://github.com/vanicat/monde-abo..._abonne.recipe
darkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I've added your recipe, but it will break in timezones different from your own because you need to set the date for the download URL as per the time in the GMT (or france's?) timezone. Use time.gmtime() for this.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-20-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
darkl

I've updated the recipe to take care of the problem (using GMT time), it is still at the same url: https://github.com/vanicat/monde-abo..._abonne.recipe
Old 08-21-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Better, though to be fully robust, you should detect when the download url is not available and set ltime to the previous day (I doubt that the download URL date is 24hrs in the future at all times of the day).
Old 02-01-2013, 10:24 AM   #5
darkl

I've updated the recipe, for better css handling, and to download older version of « Le monde » if the edition dated of tomorow is not available..

Last available version of the recipe is there:
https://raw.github.com/vanicat/monde..._abonne.recipe
Advert
Old 02-02-2013, 02:24 AM   #6
darkl

Obvioulsy, just after I had send this message, someone tell me that it was not working with last version of calibre. The correction was a quick fix, so here is the last version:

https://raw.github.com/vanicat/monde..._abonne.recipe
Old 02-12-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Tan Phi
Tan Phi began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Hello,

I would like to suggest a new recipe for the newspaper "Le Monde" on paper.

While the previous version was very helpful, she had some problems. In particular, it downloaded a zip to get the id of the items, and then recovered them. But this generated a lot of 404 errors, the unavailability of the script sometimes for several hours (because Le Monde sent the zip before but not articles)... In addition, the content was sometimes unsuitable for ebooks, and we did not have access to columns besides the articles.

The new recipe download only one xml file (designed for the iOS "Le Monde" app) which contains the preformated articles.

I would like to thank darkl who helped me for the temporary files !

https://raw.github.com/sylvaindurand...lemonde.recipe
Tan Phi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 12:43 PM   #8
Tan Phi

May I suggest to change the name of one recipe in Calibre ?

- " Le Monde " downloads articles from the website LeMonde.fr
- " Le Monde - Édition abonnés " downloads articles from the newspaper Le Monde.

It would be more logical that these two recipes are called respectively "LeMonde.fr" and "Le Monde"
Old 02-12-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I have updated the recipe (with some changes). I do not generally like to change recipe titles as it causes problems for people already using the recipe with the old title. Instead you can add some text to the description field to make it clear what the recipe does.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:30 PM   #10
Tan Phi

Great !

I've updated your modifications on Github, and I'll warn you if there is any update in the future.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:02 AM   #11
PaulMiroufle
PaulMiroufle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Hi everybody,

first of all thanks to all of you for the work you're doing : it's very convenient for me who's away from France to have Lemonde entire newspaper coming straight to my reader ( a Kobo ) - actually i bought this reader mostly for reading the press...

The Lemonde edition abonnes recipe of Darkl was working very fine till recently. Since some weeks, It stopped to work with the following error message :

Quote:
InputFormatPlugin: Recipe Input running
Using custom recipe
Python function terminated unexpectedly
File is not a zip file (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 189, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1009, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 239, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\recipe_ input.py", line 109, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 934, in download
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 1101, in build_index
File "<string>", line 97, in parse_index
File "zipfile.py", line 714, in __init__
File "zipfile.py", line 748, in _GetContents
File "zipfile.py", line 763, in _RealGetContents
zipfile.BadZipfile: File is not a zip file
I then try the Tan Phi recipe and i got the following error message :

Quote:
InputFormatPlugin: Recipe Input running
Using custom recipe
Python function terminated unexpectedly
'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findAll' (Error Code: 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 132, in main
File "site.py", line 109, in run_entry_point
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 189, in main
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1009, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 239, in __call__
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\recipe_ input.py", line 109, in convert
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 934, in download
File "site-packages\calibre\web\feeds\news.py", line 1101, in build_index
File "<string>", line 67, in parse_index
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'findAll'
I'm living in Buenos Aires, Argentina, so i'm not in France timezone. I desperately tried to do kind of a trick, switching my windows clock to France timezone, but still got exactly the same problem

If you know any thing I could change to fix this, that would be so good of you !

I add that other recipe for "The economist", "El Pais" or "BBC Mundo" for instance, work perfectly on the version of Calibre I use.

Thanks again !

Paul

Last edited by PaulMiroufle; 02-18-2013 at 01:04 PM.
PaulMiroufle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 AM   #12
veezh
plus ça change
veezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beautyveezh does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Kindle PW2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulMiroufle View Post
The Lemonde edition abonnes recipe of Darkl was working very fine till recently.
Just out of curiosity, are you using the latest version of calibre? If not, you might try upgrading and then see if the recipe works again.
veezh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:55 AM   #13
Tan Phi

I would bet on an error in your username and password, which generates these errors in both scripts

If not, are you that your subscription on "LeMonde.fr" allow you to read the newspaper on the website?

I've updated my script to show an error message in case of wrong id.

Last edited by Tan Phi; 02-19-2013 at 11:04 AM.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:04 PM   #14
PaulMiroufle
PaulMiroufle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tan Phi View Post
I would bet on an error in your username and password, which generates these errors in both scripts

If not, are you that your subscription on "LeMonde.fr" allow you to read the newspaper on the website?

I've updated my script to show an error message in case of wrong id.
Indeed the second reason is the right one : my logins are correct but since the 06 of feb they don't allow me to read the newspaper online anymore. I just need to pay again the suscription.

Thanks again to all of you !

Paul
PaulMiroufle is offline   Reply With Quote