Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-12-2009, 02:42 PM   #1
fruggeri
fruggeri began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Delete expired news items from device

I've searched the forums and FAQs and haven't found this question.

Is it possible for the "Delete downloaded news older than x days" to also apply to my device? I have a Kindle 2, and the device keeps every old version of a newsfeed even after it's been automatically removed from Calibre.

I guess this is more of a sync question between devices.

thanks,
-Franco
fruggeri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
no, it's not.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-12-2009, 06:30 PM   #3
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
fruggeri,
If you add
Code:
    timefmt = ''
(that's two single quote characters with no space between) to your recipe, the Kindle will use its built-in subscription management - it shows you only the most recent edition on the Home page, and keeps the previous issues in an archive where you don't see them. Look at the built-in 'New York Times Top Stories' recipe for an example of how and where to add the line.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote