Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #1
billy fiddle
billy fiddle began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch - stanza
Greetings all of you

Hello from Vancouver Island. I use an ipod touch and prefer stanza. I am new to e-reading and old to books.

peace and electrons,
bill
billy fiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 01:21 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Hello Bill
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:10 AM   #3
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi Bill and welcome to MobileRead!

What kind of books do you enjoy reading on your ipod touch?
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi bill and welcome to MobileRead. I read on my iPhone although prefer my Sony 505...easier on the eyes
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #5
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Hello Billy, from across the Georgia Strait.

Welcome to MobileRead.

WDE.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #6
GraceKrispy
It's Dr. Penguin now!
GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GraceKrispy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad mini, Samsung Note 3, Sony PRS-650 (rarely used now)
Aloha! Welcome to the forum!

I have just started reading some on my new blackberry... I prefer the 505, but the phone works too! It's great to be surrounded by books- in my purse and on my belt. Hope you enjoy yourself here!
GraceKrispy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #7
billy fiddle
billy fiddle began at the beginning.

Device: ipod touch - stanza
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Hi Bill and welcome to MobileRead!

What kind of books do you enjoy reading on your ipod touch?
So far I've read a two Neal Stephenson books, Anathem and Snow Crash. Then I read Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. I am in the middle of 1491 by Charles Mann. On deck and waiting to be read is Infidel by Ayaan Hirsi Ali.

I picked Anathem as the first book to read on the Touch because it's substantial and requires attention, the idea being to test whether or not the Touch would work as an e-reader. It passed with flying colours, taking just a day before it became completely comfortable. I've played with several other e-reading apps and keep coming back to Stanza.

How about you? What do you like to read on your e-reader and what kind of device do you use? How did you come to using that device?

cheers,
bill
billy fiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 01:30 AM   #8
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
I have had a Sony 505 for 3 months now and can't imagine being without it! I was reading books on the laptop, but it wasn't very portable and the LCD screen wasn't great for reading for long periods. I've been reading a lot of the free books here on MobileRead and have just started reading Terry Pratchetts' Discworld series as well.
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote