Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-17-2013, 07:37 AM   #511
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardosoP View Post
Ok, got it on the wiki that B024 stands for Kindle PaperWhite WiFi :P

So, can someone please direct this n00b if he can use the files and follow the instructions to the letter by using a 5.3.3 KPW which has a B024 serial? Thanks in advance!!
For those packages whose authors have already repackaged them to recognize B024 - yes.
If not - just wait, they will all get around to it.

Also, Kindle-pw-Japan has hit the streets.
Same story, when packages are repackaged . . . .

(The KUAL pre-req's have been repackage for both just this week)
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #512
CardosoP
CardosoP began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akirainblack View Post
CardosoP You either have to update to 5.3.4 or 5.3.5 or downgrade to 5.3.1 then use the first post in both threads for what you want. For some reason the jailbreak didn't work on 5.3.3 but was kept thanks to the bridging and whatever changed in 5.3.3 changed back in later releases of the firmware.

Mind you I could be wrong and I'm sure if I am someone will let you know.
Thanks, dude! So, even though the threads says 5.3.5, I should downgrade to 5.3.1 first?
CardosoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:46 AM   #513
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardosoP View Post
Thanks, dude! So, even though the threads says 5.3.5, I should downgrade to 5.3.1 first?
Or upgrade to 5.3.4 or 5.3.5, just NOT 5.3.3...
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #514
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Amazon updated my Kindle Paperwhite without asking. My jailbreak and my *f*ck off the sidelight* patch is gone.

- How can I stop my Kindle PW doing automatic upgrades in the future (without having to disable my WLAN completely)? I'll go for disabling a script as well.

Amazon is really getting on my nerves. I don't want that f***ing sidelight and if they'll overwrite my Kindle again I'll sell it and buy my future e-books somehwere else.
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #515
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Amazon updated my Kindle Paperwhite without asking. My jailbreak and my *f*ck off the sidelight* patch is gone.

- How can I stop my Kindle PW doing automatic upgrades in the future (without having to disable my WLAN completely)? I'll go for disabling a script as well.

Amazon is really getting on my nerves. I don't want that f***ing sidelight and if they'll overwrite my Kindle again I'll sell it and buy my future e-books somehwere else.
Install Kual launcher -
Install Kual.firewall button -
Install Kual.backdoorlock button -
Press each one once.

With a 1-1/4 million karma, you should be explaining this to us, not venting here.
Old 05-17-2013, 04:58 PM   #516
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
With a 1-1/4 million karma, you should be explaining this to us, not venting here.
Thanks. You're right. That was not a professional behavior although I didn't get my karma for the specific knowledge of circumventing Amazon's technical restrictions again and again and again ...

Last edited by joblack; 05-17-2013 at 05:25 PM.
Old 05-25-2013, 04:53 AM   #517
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hello guys,

does the jailbreak has ans influence oft the Synchronisation of the different kindles? I am using three different kindles. Two without jailbreak and one jailbreaked one. If i read one book only my standard kindles Marke the side Synchronisation.The jailbreaked one doesnt make it?

Any ideas?

Cheers
The Grim Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #518
joblack
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper View Post
The jailbreaked one doesnt make it?
No it works with jailbreak once, too. You only have to install the firewall to disable automatic firmware updates.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #519
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Or upgrade to 5.3.4 or 5.3.5, just NOT 5.3.3...
It might be possible to learn why 5.3.3 doesn't jailbreak and 5.3.4 does:

From file sizes, 5.3.3 is a complete system image and 5.3.4 (which restores our jailbreak access) is a bs difference.

So the change has already been isolated for us by lab126.
Thanks guys

bsdiff and bspatch have publicly available sources:
http://www.daemonology.net/bsdiff/
Which should contain all the information about the patch file format, in case lab126 forgot to document something.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #520
The Grim Reaper
The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.The Grim Reaper is no e-book dilettante.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
No it works with jailbreak once, too. You only have to install the firewall to disable automatic firmware updates.
Very strange. i cannot synchonize the last read page on my jailbroken PW. As i said i have three different kindles on my account. Only my jailbroken PW cannot synchronize it.

Any ideas?
Old 05-28-2013, 06:20 PM   #521
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Very strange. i cannot synchonize the last read page on my jailbroken PW. As i said i have three different kindles on my account. Only my jailbroken PW cannot synchronize it.

Any ideas?
Yes - what else is different about the one which will not synchronize.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:52 AM   #522
The Grim Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Yes - what else is different about the one which will not synchronize.
Sorry. I dont understand what you mean?

Cheers
Old 05-29-2013, 08:09 AM   #523
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
Sorry. I dont understand what you mean?

Cheers
Describe the two Kindles that do synchronize in contrast with the one that does not synchronize.

Your asking for ideas on why the three behave differently without telling us how the devices themselves differ.

In particular, describe what has been installed on each one.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #524
Magic
Magic began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs 505 & paperwhite
My Paperwhite's firmware is 5.3.5. I've tried to jailbreak it twice using your method. First attempt failed. Some new text file appeared. I gave it another try and succeeded ( well, it said so ). The problem is absolutely nothing has changed. No new features. No new nothing. I removed text files and restarted device. Still no changes. Am I doing something wrong?

Or maybe I'm supposed to install something else to get new features?
Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:13 PM   #525
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic View Post
My Paperwhite's firmware is 5.3.5. I've tried to jailbreak it twice using your method. First attempt failed. Some new text file appeared. I gave it another try and succeeded ( well, it said so ). The problem is absolutely nothing has changed. No new features. No new nothing. I removed text files and restarted device. Still no changes. Am I doing something wrong?

Or maybe I'm supposed to install something else to get new features?
Well, for starters, you are supposed to read files called README. The answer to your question is right in there.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote