Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 01-09-2019, 09:53 AM   #1
SucreEnMorceaux
SucreEnMorceaux began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 32gb
Question Display double page for manga on Forma

Hi everyone.
I have recently received my Kobo Forma 32gb and managed to get .cbr manga from some source.
The quality is pretty good and I'm using Calibre to manage and convert my eBooks. I mostly read manga and I bought an ereader considering the save I could make on long term use. I'm satisfied for the moment but I have an issue, indeed as manga lover I love to spend time looking drawing and it is often than Mangakas draw on double page that you can easily read on a paper-based Manga. What's more, with Kobo Forma ( and also Auro One, I guess ) you are able to display double page in landscape mode ( by rotating the ereader ) when reading the format that you purchase on official store ( .epub or .kepub ,I guess ).
I tried different conversion, using differents options with Calibre from .cbr to .epub and .kepub but I never managed to finally be able to display double page on landscape mode when reading on my Forma. Do you have any suggestions to give me or a way to solve my problem ?
SucreEnMorceaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 12:05 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SucreEnMorceaux View Post
I tried different conversion, using differents options with Calibre from .cbr to .epub and .kepub but I never managed to finally be able to display double page on landscape mode when reading on my Forma. Do you have any suggestions to give me or a way to solve my problem ?
The only way I've found to display an epub with double pages is to reduce the font size until RMSDK (Adobe's renderer used by Kobo for epubs) decides to split the screen. On a KA1 or Forma in landscape, you can get to the point where the page is split into 3 columns for the 2 or 3 smallest font sizes.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2019, 04:49 PM   #3
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Kobo has built-in support for CBZ as far as I can remember. Have you tried just copying the CBR files as-is to the Kobo?

Assuming the doublepage spread is actually one landscape image instead of two halves in portrait, I believe Kindle Comic Converter can do what you want.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 05:11 PM   #4
SucreEnMorceaux
SucreEnMorceaux began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma 32gb
Hey, I tried using Kindle Comic Converter and it worked. Now I can display double page when flipping in landscape mode. Thanks.
For the ones who would like to see the settings I use for Forma :
Manga mode : Checked
Spread splitter : Rotate and split
Stretch Upscale : Checked
Device : Other Width:1440 Height:1920
Blank all other option

Last edited by SucreEnMorceaux; 01-09-2019 at 05:50 PM.
SucreEnMorceaux is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forma, kobo, manga, manga kobo question