Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-17-2019, 10:00 AM   #1
NugentS
NugentS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Bulk Title Case Update

A while ago, a few version ago I distinctly remember when I had a bunch of title case updates to do I highlighted the books, pressed E and was able to fix the title case from there in one go.

That function seems to have vanished.

I can select an individual title, in edit mode and correct the case then but that almost more work than correcting the case manually.

Am I missing something?

Sean
NugentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:00 PM   #2
Angel Crawford
Enthusiast
Angel Crawford began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Hey ho =)
Seems the function got an extra Hot Key now.

Highlight the books, then press CTRL+D. This will open the Metadata Download ( the same you will get, if you add a new book). There you can choose "Download only Covers", "Download Metadata" and so on.

That's the one you are looking for?

Last edited by Angel Crawford; 01-17-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Angel Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:25 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentS View Post
A while ago, a few version ago I distinctly remember when I had a bunch of title case updates to do I highlighted the books, pressed E and was able to fix the title case from there in one go.

That function seems to have vanished.

I can select an individual title, in edit mode and correct the case then but that almost more work than correcting the case manually.

Am I missing something?

Sean
Working here, are you sure you're looking on the right tab, in the right place?

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	169152

Moderator Notice
FYI: I moved your thread to Library Management, the Editor sub-forum is for issues regarding calibre's ebook Editor - i.e. editing ebook content.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 01-17-2019 at 03:40 PM. Reason: add mod comment
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2019, 03:36 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel Crawford View Post
Hey ho =)
Seems the function got an extra Hot Key now.

Highlight the books, then press CTRL+D. This will open the Metadata Download ( the same you will get, if you add a new book). There you can choose "Download only Covers", "Download Metadata" and so on.

That's the one you are looking for?
No its not, the OP clearly stated his/her problem is with with bulk metadata edit which is quite distinct from bulk metadata download.

BTW Ctrl+D has been the shortcut for bulk metadata download since the feature was introduced several years ago.

BR
Old 01-17-2019, 03:37 PM   #5
Angel Crawford
Enthusiast
Angel Crawford began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch HD 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
No its not, the OP clearly stated his/her problem is with with bulk metadata edit which is quite distinct from bulk metadata download.

BTW Ctrl+D has been the shortcut for bulk metadata download since the feature was introduced several years ago.

BR
Sorry Language Barrier.
And thanks for the Info
Angel Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:03 AM   #6
NugentS
NugentS began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Working here, are you sure you're looking on the right tab, in the right place?

Attachment 169152

FYI: I moved your thread to Library Management, the Editor sub-forum is for issues regarding calibre's ebook Editor - i.e. editing ebook content.

BR
My thanks - apparently I am in fact blind.
(I did just update my version - I wonder if it was missing on my previous version)

Sean
NugentS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 05:50 AM   #7
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NugentS View Post
My thanks - apparently I am in fact blind.
(I did just update my version - I wonder if it was missing on my previous version)
I doubt it, you just looked in the wrong place.

One could make an argument that the Title casing and Title sort related widgets should be at the top. But then the folks who have gotten used to where they are now would complain

BR