Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 11-29-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
sspivack
sspivack began at the beginning.

Device: none
Mom needs advice

Hello, I'm hoping this forum will help me. I live in the US, my daughter lives in Israel. I wanted to buy her an E reader. I understand that Kindle, Sony and Nook do not allow purchases from their sites from Israel. Could she buy ebooks for one of these from another site? She will mainly use it to read English texts, but will be enrolled in a Hebrew language graduate school next year. I have pretty much ruled out Kindle, because of it's format limitations. Thank you so much for any help. I am not that technically savvy, but I try!:
sspivack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Hi and welcome to MR.

Yes, the geographical restriction is a bit of a pain but there are sites that will allow your daughter to purchase books - especially with Mum living in the US and having a credit card in the US

Check out this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43794 for some suggestions.

Also keep looking in the forum as to what books you can get where.

As to which reader is the best, have a look at this: https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices

There are quite a few different readers out there and everyone will tell you which one is best (depends of course which one they hold in their own little hands).

If you have any specific questions, just come back to MR , post the questions and you will get heaps of friendly advice.
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #3
sspivack
sspivack began at the beginning.

Device: none
thanks!

great advice! I'm so glad to have found this forum
sspivack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 09:58 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sspivack View Post
great advice! I'm so glad to have found this forum
Yes, good advice. There is also a nice comparison chart in our famous E-book_Reader_Matrix
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2009, 11:09 AM   #5
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi sspivack and welcome to MobileRead
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2009, 09:04 PM   #6
Katti's Cat
Wizard
Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Katti's Cat can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
Yes, good advice. There is also a nice comparison chart in our famous E-book_Reader_Matrix
What would I do without you supporting my tips - thanks heaps, learnt something too
Katti's Cat is offline   Reply With Quote