Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-26-2018, 03:50 AM   #16
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Given there is a difference in file sizes I suspect you will see something strange in the KT2 version of the 2018 issues. Hopefully this will be something that is definitely wrong with those issues that I can report to FSF so that they can fix them and avoid this in the future.

This also, potentially, gives me a work around by side-loading the issues.

Dave
Given that 'bad' files are delivered by Amazon, it may be something they're doing to the files, rather than the something in the files delivered by F&SF to Amazon.

I'll take a look tomorrow night.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018, 11:11 AM   #17
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Given that 'bad' files are delivered by Amazon, it may be something they're doing to the files, rather than the something in the files delivered by F&SF to Amazon.

Thank you for your assistance. I would like to mark this problem as closed and give FSF guidance as to what is happening. If it is Amazon's problem, then I suspect they will have a better chance of getting it fixed than I will.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2018, 02:45 AM   #18
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Make that tonight...
Old 03-30-2018, 01:40 PM   #19
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Make that tonight...
Thank you for your assistance in determining the problem.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2018, 03:45 PM   #20
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
Yes, the source is available here:

http://mr-public.auth-2ac4bfee353948...-r14393.tar.xz

Looking at this I believe I am running an earlier version, so I guess I should update and see if that fixes the screen saver problem.

But that is only part of what I am seeing. When I put the kindle directories in cover mode I don't see the covers there either, at least for the copies that are there. Those copies were downloaded directly from Amazon and are DRM protected. Perhaps I should try sideloading the DRM free ones and see if they exhibit the same behavior. I obtained those by a download to computer for sideloading, so it is possible they have been modified.

Thanks for you efforts thus far. I hope we can get to the bottom of this.

Dave
The metadata fix did not make it into the snapshots posted, you will still have to replace that file, same as before.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:19 AM   #21
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Interestingly, the 'bad' issues display the title image not the cover with my Quicklook plugin too. Now to look inside....

And it turns out to be very simple. The 'bad' issues are missing the EXTH fields that give the offset to the cover image. Have you tried re-downloading them to your Kindle directly? Perhaps the error has been fixed, and only appears in issues downloaded very soon after release.