Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #211
kledor
dreamer
kledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it iskledor knows what time it is

Device: Kindle PW
There are such instances when a small scratch marks the screen protector, but not the screen under it (e.g. by the end of the USB cable - I've had it happen to me). I don't expect miracles from a thin film, I'm aware of how far their protection goes. Still, it's good against small scratches and stuff AND what counts is that I feel better about having it on the screen. Others might not need it, I know.
kledor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #212
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Elipsa, Kindle Basic (11th gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsunami View Post
Googleproduct gives you a screenprotector with the case, but I don't use it.

An e-reader screen is too weak to be protected by a screen protector. If it's hit hard enough to be scratched, it'll probably just break.
I've used a screen protector on both my PW1 and PW2. I haven't had any near misses with my PW2 yet, but the protector saved my PW1 from 2 scratches that would've been on the screen otherwise.

Oops moments do happen, and they aren't always sufficient to break the screen. In my case, I was able to take the screen protector off and replace it, and it was good as new. Easier to replace a film than a screen!

I just feel more secure having one on there.

ETA: As long as you get a good anti-glare one, it doesn't change the quality of the screen, either.

Last edited by 7hir7een; 11-01-2013 at 08:06 PM.
7hir7een is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #213
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
Oops moments do happen.
Not to me they don't.

I did have a few #$%@#!@#$! -moments though, but those devices were instantly ready for the trashcan
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #214
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by kledor View Post
My question is to those who have a case (or, y'know, cases... ) from googleproduct on ebay: do you know what kind of screen protector they attach to the packages? I know it's some generic, cheap thing, but I recently swapped my protector to this one and I like it. I checked and they don't sell it separately, but I'd like to have a spare on hand.
I thought about ordering another case from them just for the screen protector, but I don't even use the previous one (instead I have a TPU cover + sleeve combo).
Sorry, can't tell you. I threw mine out, because I stopped using screen protectors after my Pocket PC.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:48 AM   #215
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
update on cases :

Guess what... PW1 is in an original purple kindle case, PW2 in an original persimmon case. The orange "structured" case did not hold long, the flip over side started being so loose that when holding the PW while reading, the cover was giving all the time and I could not find a comfortable position for it in my hand. It seems also to be strangely weighed, if that makes any sense. And after comparing with the purple original one, there are world between them.
The purple "light" one holds better, but does not feel like an adequate protection for the screen.

So...the orginal ones are expensive, true, but they win the duration test hands down.
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-04-2013, 08:59 AM   #216
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
update on cases :

Guess what... PW1 is in an original purple kindle case, PW2 in an original persimmon case. The orange "structured" case did not hold long, the flip over side started being so loose that when holding the PW while reading, the cover was giving all the time and I could not find a comfortable position for it in my hand. It seems also to be strangely weighed, if that makes any sense. And after comparing with the purple original one, there are world between them.
The purple "light" one holds better, but does not feel like an adequate protection for the screen.

So...the orginal ones are expensive, true, but they win the duration test hands down.
Also, I noticed that my beautiful lavender one opens on its own now or does not close all the way, which wakes up the screen or dies not shut it down when kt should. I have my PW1 in it, which I may end up selling, but it's disappointing.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:08 AM   #217
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
Also, I noticed that my beautiful lavender one opens on its own now or does not close all the way, which wakes up the screen or dies not shut it down when kt should. I have my PW1 in it, which I may end up selling, but it's disappointing.
It is disappointing indeed. I ended up buying the persimmon one (which, you were so right, is not orange but red really), although I liked the color of the orange copy much better, because the orange one was not closing properly either, due I guess to the fact that the part between the plastic case and the flip cover is just not solid enough and gives in. I am now used to the persimmon color and I like holding it so much better.

I noticed also a difference in the structure of the original ones. The purple is only slightly structured whereas the persimmon structure is much more pronounced. How peculiar that the structure differs so much... Now if I was insane, which thanks god I am not, I would buy the fuschia one, just to compare...
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 02:19 AM   #218
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceflor View Post
Now if I was insane, which thanks god I am not, I would buy the fuschia one, just to compare...
Oh, how that trigger-friendly finger is hovering over the "buy now" button!!!
Old 11-16-2013, 08:57 PM   #219
7hir7een
Reader of Books
7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.7hir7een can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Hello all,

I was wondering if any one has found a slim cover in which the magnetic closure is strong enough that when you fold the front cover back, it will stay there?

If so, could you please share a product link?

Thanks!
Old 11-24-2013, 02:25 AM   #220
Nella
Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.Nella is an enigma wrapped up in a mystery.

Device: Nook ST, KPW 1,3,4, Kobo Libra 2
Teehee, my cases arrived yesterday after 2 weeks of waiting. I love them both and I've been switching the pw back and forth. I was worried when many people say it's hard to get the pw out of the case. But it's actually very easy =D

[Image deleted - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 12-01-2013 at 01:57 PM.
Nella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 01:55 AM   #221
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Hello all,

I was wondering if any one has found a slim cover in which the magnetic closure is strong enough that when you fold the front cover back, it will stay there?
I can tell you that all the ones I bought don't have such a strong magnet as you described, sorry. Their magnets are actually much weaker than that of the official PW case.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:34 AM   #222
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
Quote:
Hello all,

If so, could you please share a product link?

Thanks!
I read somewhere that when there were cases that behaved like this, the magnet was so strong it was turning off the device while reading. So I'm not sure you're going to find one.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 03:11 PM   #223
7hir7een
Reader of Books

Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
I read somewhere that when there were cases that behaved like this, the magnet was so strong it was turning off the device while reading. So I'm not sure you're going to find one.

eP
Oh, I didn't even think of that! I definitely don't want that to happen. Thanks for bringing that up
Old 11-27-2013, 11:51 PM   #224
discopig
Book Addict
discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.discopig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
I've had this case for my PW for months now, and it saved my kindle quite a few times and still looks brand new even though I've had a few accidents happen: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Kindl...694090428.html

I have the black one because I don't really like flashy cases and it looks really classy. For $8 with free shipping it's also definitely worth it.
discopig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 03:31 AM   #225
Chi Cygni
秋子 permanently lurking
Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Chi Cygni ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Pocketbook Era
I decided a while ago not to buy anything cheapo Chinese whatever anymore. In the end you pay more on top of it anyway. Plus stress and disappointment.
Chi Cygni is offline   Reply With Quote