Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-04-2012, 02:29 PM   #1
Tight
Tight began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Setting up Calibre for email-not Gmail method.

Just downloaded and installed Calibre and at the email setup window I am confused. I don't want to set up a Gmail account because that means changing my email in Amazon. I have a domain and use my primary email associated with my domain.

I cannot find instructions on how to set this up properly if you are going to use your own email address. Step by step, what would the settings be?

1. Kindle email: is this where I would put my main email address?
2. Send email from: what goes here?
3. Host Name: does my domain name go here, or my host server address or what?
4. User name and password: this bit I get, it would be what I use to sign on to my domain for cpanel or webmail.

Any help is appreciated, and if there is a section on the User Manual that discusses this, please post it so others can benefit.

Much obliged for assistance!
Tight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tight View Post
Just downloaded and installed Calibre and at the email setup window I am confused. I don't want to set up a Gmail account because that means changing my email in Amazon. I have a domain and use my primary email associated with my domain.

I cannot find instructions on how to set this up properly if you are going to use your own email address. Step by step, what would the settings be?

1. Kindle email: is this where I would put my main email address?
2. Send email from: what goes here?
3. Host Name: does my domain name go here, or my host server address or what?
4. User name and password: this bit I get, it would be what I use to sign on to my domain for cpanel or webmail.

Any help is appreciated, and if there is a section on the User Manual that discusses this, please post it so others can benefit.

Much obliged for assistance!
1) is your @kindle address (as shown on your registerd Kindle)
2) This is the same as your regular email uses (what the recipient sees as From
3) eg. smtp.myisp.net (
4) could be username or it might be username@myisp.com
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert