Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-19-2011, 06:54 AM   #1
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350,Sony PRS-950,Pocketbook 360+,B&N Nook Simple Touch Reader
Calibre not downloading metadata

It's failing for all books, with both sources that I have selected (Goodreads and Amazon). Any ideas?
Japes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:39 AM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I would the most likely cause for this would be your firewall software blocking Calibre's internet access.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 04:21 PM   #3
readingrobot
readingrobot began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G
There is an issue downloading metadata from Amazon.com.
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py", line 224, in parse_details
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py", line 313, in parse_title
IndexError: list index out of range
readingrobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
jaav88
jaav88 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad 2 and iPhone 3G
I have the same problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by readingrobot View Post
There is an issue downloading metadata from Amazon.com.
Code:
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py", line 224, in parse_details
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py", line 313, in parse_title

I have the same problem, Calibre doesn't find the metadata and the covers from amazon.

Is it possible to fix it?

Thank you
jaav88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
Japes
Addict
Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Japes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nothing to do with my firewall cause I don't have one (nor does my router have one). And, it's not just amazon. Goodreads isn't downloading either. I've not changed anything at all from the last time it was working (yesterday).
Advert
Old 10-19-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japes View Post
Nothing to do with my firewall cause I don't have one (nor does my router have one). And, it's not just amazon. Goodreads isn't downloading either. I've not changed anything at all from the last time it was working (yesterday).
It is just Amazon, Goodreads is working fine I have been using it extensively over the last day. Below is an example from 2 minutes ago. Amazon was my only no show due to a IndexError: list index out of range error.

Spoiler:
Starting download
Query: title:The Book Of Lost Things; authors:John Connolly; amazon:1442429348, isbn:9781442429345, ff:c/john-connolly/book-of-lost-things
Running identify query with parameters:
{u'authors': [u'John Connolly'], u'identifiers': {u'amazon': u'1442429348', u'isbn': u'9781442429345', u'ff': u'c/john-connolly/book-of-lost-things'}, u'timeout': 30, u'title': u'The Book Of Lost Things'}
Using plugins: Fantastic Fiction, Barnes & Noble, Goodreads, Amazon.com
The log from individual plugins is below

****************************** Fantastic Fiction ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.9.2.11) Gecko/20101012 Firefox/3.6.11')]
Found 1 results
Downloading from Fantastic Fiction took 1.07799983025

---
Title : The Book of Lost Things
Author(s) : John Connolly
Publisher : Turtleback
Published : 2006-01-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : isbn:9780606232623, ff:c/john-connolly/book-of-lost-things
Comments : <p><strong>New York Times* bestselling author John Connolly's unique imagination takes readers through the end of innocence into adulthood and beyond in this dark and triumphantly creative novel of grief and loss, loyalty and love, and the redemptive power of stories.</strong>*<br /></p><p>High in his attic bedroom, twelve-year-old David mourns the death of his mother. He is angry and alone, with only the books on his shelf for company. But those books have begun to whisper to him in the darkness, and as he takes refuge in his imagination, he finds that reality and fantasy have begun to meld. While his family falls apart around him, David is violently propelled into a land that is a strange reflection of his own world, populated by heroes and monsters, and ruled over by a faded king who keeps his secrets in a mysterious book... <em>The Book of Lost Things.</em><br /></p><p>An imaginative tribute to the journey we must all make through the loss of innocence into adulthood, John Connolly's latest novel is a book for every adult who can recall the moment when childhood began to fade, and for every adult about to face that moment. <em>The Book of Lost Things </em>is a story of hope for all who have lost, and for all who have yet to lose. It is an exhilarating tale that reminds us of the enduring power of stories in our lives.<br /></p>
FantasticFiction url: u'http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/c/john-connolly/book-of-lost-things.htm'

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** Barnes & Noble ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 9.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/5.0)')]
Found 1 results
Downloading from Barnes & Noble took 8.93699979782

---
Publisher : Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
Rating : 4.5
Published : 2011-08-01T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : barnesnoble:Book-of-Lost-Things/John-Connolly/e/9781442429345, isbn:9781442429345
Comments : <p>High in his attic bedroom, twelve-year-old David mourns the death of his mother, with only the books on his shelf for company. But those books have begun to whisper to him in the darkness. Angry and alone, he takes refuge in his imagination and soon finds that reality and fantasy have begun to meld. While his family falls apart around him, David is violently propelled into a world that is a strange reflection of his own — populated by heroes and monsters and ruled by a faded king who keeps his secrets in a mysterious book, The Book of Lost Things. </p><p>Taking readers on a vivid journey through the loss of innocence into adulthood and beyond, New York Times bestselling author John Connolly tells a dark and compelling tale that reminds us of the enduring power of stories in our lives. </p>
Querying: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/boo...=9781442429345
ISBN match location: u'http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Book-of-Lost-Things/John-Connolly/e/9781442429345'
B&N url: u'http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Book-of-Lost-Things/John-Connolly/e/9781442429345'

************************************************** ******************************

****************************** Goodreads ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US) AppleWebKit/525.19 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/0.2.153.1 Safari/525.19')]
Found 1 results
Downloading from Goodreads took 4.85899996758

---
Publisher : Simon & Schuster Children's Publishing
Tags : Fantasy, Young Adult, Fairy Tales & Folklore, Horror, Adventure, Mystery
Rating : 3.89
Published : 2006-11-07T00:00:00+00:00
Identifiers : isbn:9781442429345, goodreads:10291890
Comments : <p>High in his attic bedroom, twelve-year-old David mourns the death of his mother. He is angry and alone, with only the books on his shelf for company. But those books have begun to whisper to him in the darkness, and as he takes refuge in his imagination, he finds that reality and fantasy have begun to meld. While his family falls apart around him, David is violently propelled into a land that is a strange reflection of his own world, populated by heroes and monsters, and ruled over by a faded king who keeps his secrets in a mysterious book... The Book of Lost Things. An imaginative tale about navigating the journey into adulthood, while doing your best to hang on to your childhood.</p>
Querying: http://www.goodreads.com/search?sear...e=books&search[query]=9781442429345
ISBN match location: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10291890-the-book-of-lost-things'
Goodreads book url: u'http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10291890-the-book-of-lost-things'

****************************** Amazon.com ******************************
Request extra headers: [('User-agent', 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64; rv:2.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/4.0.1')]
Found 0 results
Downloading from Amazon.com took 4.42199993134
Error parsing title for url: 'http://www.amazon.com/Book-Lost-Things-John-Connolly/dp/1442429348/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319074844&sr=8-1'
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py ", line 224, in parse_details
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\sources\amazon.py ", line 313, in parse_title

Could not find title/authors/asin for 'http://www.amazon.com/Book-Lost-Things-John-Connolly/dp/1442429348/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1319074844&sr=8-1'
ASIN: u'1442429348' Title: None Authors: []

The identify phase took 9.05 seconds
The longest time (8.937000) was taken by: Barnes & Noble
Merging results from different sources and finding earliest publication dates from the xisbn service
We have 1 merged results, merging took: 0.16 seconds

Give us an example of one that doesn't work for Goodreads.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-19-2011 at 09:50 PM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 09:49 PM   #7
jaav88

Quote:
i don't think i have goodreads at all, but anyways, for what you say I have the same problem... last time i checked it worked fine, I havent used it since then and now It doesn't work...
Old 10-19-2011, 09:52 PM   #8
jaav88

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
It is just Amazon, Goodreads is working fine I have been using it extensively over the last day. Below is an example from 2 minutes ago. Amazon was my only no show due to a IndexError: list index out of range error.

Give us an example of one that doesn't work for Goodreads.
Any clue of how to make it work again? (I mean Amazon) Thanks
Old 10-19-2011, 10:00 PM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaav88 View Post
Any clue of how to make it work again? (I mean Amazon) Thanks
You might want to submit a bug report with all the details and a copy of the metadata download job. For now I've just unchecked Amazon as one of my metadata download sources.

Update: Kovid says a fix will be in the next calibre release.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-19-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old 10-19-2011, 10:26 PM   #10
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Thanks. Same issue here.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:43 AM   #11
Japes
Addict

Do we know if Kovid is working on a fix for this? I'm sure most everyone is experiencing this problem, whether they have reported it here or not.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:55 AM   #12
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Do we know if Kovid is working on a fix for this? I'm sure most everyone is experiencing this problem, whether they have reported it here or not.
Reading the thread I discovered this posted above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Update: Kovid says a fix will be in the next calibre release.