Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 08:20 AM   #1
drofgnal
Wizard
drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drofgnal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad Pro/Kindle Oasis 3/iPhone 13 Pro Max
John Scalzi, New Old Man's War Release

I got this in a e news letter this morning from Tor. Apparently there will be a new Novel from Scalzi in his Old Man's War Universe. The Human Division.

http://www.tor.com/blogs/2012/07/the...ilAttribute2%%

It will be released in episodic releases this late this year into next year, with the full book (e and print) next spring/summer.

This is good news, I really liked Old Man's War. It was a Mobileread Book Club selection one month. I read it and the two following sequels and liked them all. I'm not crazy about episodic releases, so I'll probably wait for the full book release.
drofgnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:56 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
It's fairly common knowledge that I think serial formats based on a 3-5+ year episodic installment schedule are borderline criminal; but I think I could get behind a weekly serial format that gets wrapped up in 10-13 episodes (if only we could get American Television on board!). You get the best of both worlds: people who just can't wait buying each weekly installment ... and those who want to wait are probably only looking at six months or so, max (from the first installment to the planned late spring/early summer full release). Those who really enjoy it might actually be double-dippers.

Fun times us reader are living in as the industry scrambles around figuring how best to utilize/maximize the digital medium. Nice to see some actual experimentation taking place, though, instead of the usual Chicken Little approach.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-13-2012 at 10:02 AM.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert