Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-16-2011, 09:36 PM   #16
colinsky
Addict
colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.colinsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
If you aren't insistent on "pre-ordering" the book, once it is released, you should be able to download a (approximately 10%) sample from Amazon for free, from which you can preview the quality and formatting of the volume in advance of paying for it.

In fact, if the earlier volumes are available now, I recommend you download a sample of one of them--that should provide enough information to guide your purchase decision.
colinsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 11:28 PM   #17
Sylver
Addict
Sylver began at the beginning.

Device: The Nook, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinsky View Post
If you aren't insistent on "pre-ordering" the book, once it is released, you should be able to download a (approximately 10%) sample from Amazon for free, from which you can preview the quality and formatting of the volume in advance of paying for it.

In fact, if the earlier volumes are available now, I recommend you download a sample of one of them--that should provide enough information to guide your purchase decision.
No, the first three volumes have no e-versions and this will be the first one that will be released on e-version as well as hardback. Now the book normally is about 50+ dollars per volume, pre-order price is about $37 which will save me 25%. I have never pre-ordered before but assume once it's officially released, it will be back to the regular price, so I can't wait till it's released I guess.
Sylver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2011, 12:25 AM   #18
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDln View Post
Yes, you can return ebook on Amazon for sure. I don't know if you need a reason. I assume people don't return without a reason.
the first time i bought a topaz formatted (azw1) book from amazon i called to complain and asked if they would please supply it to me in the standard azw format (much smaller file size, the topaz book file size was huge). they said if i was unhappy with it i could return it, but they had no control over the format that the publisher supplied it to them in.

so i'd have to say that yes you can as they offered me that option when i didn't even ask to return it.
--
Alan
alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
amazon ebook return typo