Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-23-2011, 04:10 AM   #106
DrNWM
DrNWM began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by diba View Post
Is it necessary to uninstall Zuphaels 0.2 package before installing 0.3 or can I simply update?
diba
Never had Zuphael package installed, better to do an uninstall.
But tried (re)installing with my package both the ways, it always get updated. install.sh script is removing old version, by overwriting the old files

Quote:
Will finish the pics/buttons latest beginning next week! Actually I translate 10-20 per day (of roughly 250), when my wife is somewhere else and not complaining ....,
diba
Take your time, don't want to be responsible for a marital quarrel
DrNWM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:12 PM   #107
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
Maybe I am dumb DrNWM, but how do I download your package from Sir Alex page? In the download actually is the version as of 3rd AUG.
And what buttons are translated yet? What prog did you use for, I do it with paint.net.
diba
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2011, 04:39 PM   #108
DrNWM

Quote:
Maybe I am dumb DrNWM, but how do I download your package from Sir Alex page? In the download actually is the version as of 3rd AUG.
And what buttons are translated yet? What prog did you use for, I do it with paint.net.
diba
Hi diba,

Siralex hasn't updated the .ZIP file since 3rd Aug! So you have to checkout the svn source, look here:
http://code.google.com/p/k3-loc/source/checkout

For german ui dir:
Code:
svn checkout http://k3-loc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/loc_de/ui_loc ui_loc
But I've only changed 2(x2) images (USB*Charging*) from scratch. No buttons!
Zuphael also hasn't done much more (Browser_Text_GoTo.gif, Butn__MenuBuyNow*.gif, USB_Charging_600x800.gif).
Other pics are identical to english base. Won't really help you!

For the Program I used:
I have tried Adobe Imageready (old) and after this compressed them with ImageOptim (only on Mac). ImageOptim reduce the indexed gif to the needed colours (kindle can only 16 greyscales), so a 'nibble' replaces a 'byte'

The images I changed are then approx. at same size as originals.

CU DrNWM

Confucius: The journey is the reward.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #109
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 4
k3-loc project at Google Code updated:
1. added loc_ukr - Ukrainian localization
2. Reuploaded new "Complete sources archive" with loc_de and loc_ukr
Sir Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #110
DrNWM

[loc_de] v0.5 released ! (Improvements / german images!)

@diba for his work on <loc_de> trunk!

For the link to the installation archiv look on my previous post announcing the release of <loc_de> a bit earlier
(08-22-2011 11:40 PM)!

CU DrNWM

Confucius: The journey is the reward
Advert
Old 10-14-2011, 04:26 PM   #111
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Hi Sir Alex,

could you provide an update to make localisation on 3.3 possible? Have a lot of Germans using it on 3.1 and 3.2.1
Lot of Germans love you for making this possible!!!
THX
DiBa
Old 10-14-2011, 05:16 PM   #112
Sir Alex
Groupie
Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Sir Alex once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Hi diba, Could you please tell me firmware version for 3.3 (long number)?
(Currently I have no Kindles. Sold it out and wait for touch version)
Old 10-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #113
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Sir Alex: 611680021
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 01:33 AM   #114
diba
Addict

THX to both! Is there an easy way to implement this? Where has this number to be put in? in install.sh, make.sh or anywhere else??
Dietmar
Old 10-15-2011, 03:23 PM   #115
Sir Alex
Groupie

NiLuJe, Thanks!

Quote:
THX to both! Is there an easy way to implement this? Where has this number to be put in? in install.sh, make.sh or anywhere else??
Dietmar
It's hardcoded in BIN files. Open kindle_update_tool.py at 288 line and change 0x22597CE0 (this is 3.2.1) to 0x24757F16 (3.3)
And regenerate update files.

I will release my hacks at Monday.
Old 10-16-2011, 04:22 AM   #116
diba
Addict

Great, will do immediatelly!
Will you update physkeyb 0.7 as well??
Old 10-16-2011, 10:19 AM   #117
johnnyb
Cloud Reader
johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.johnnyb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Scribe, iPad Pro 11
Quote:
Great, will do immediatelly!
Will you update physkeyb 0.7 as well??
That would be awesome, right now it can't be installed...
johnnyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:16 AM   #118
pabloaguirre78
pabloaguirre78 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Compile error

Hi,
I tried to compile the localization package (es variation) using the newest (r15) kindle_update_tool.py uploaded by Sir Alex (for fw3.3) and I get the following error when make.bat tries to compile each install bin (uninstall bins seem to be compiled correctly, though)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "D:\usr\pablo\downloads\loc_k3\bin\kindle_update_t ool.py", line 452, in <module>
make_bin("update_"+name, filelist, type, kver, sign=sign, jailbreak=jailbreak)
File "D:\usr\pablo\downloads\loc_k3\bin\kindle_update_t ool.py", line 222, in make_bin
create_sig(keyfile, name, tar)
File "D:\usr\pablo\downloads\loc_k3\bin\kindle_update_t ool.py", line 165, in create_sig
raise ValueError("Openssl failed")
ValueError: Openssl failed

Any ideas? (I'm a complete ignorant on python, and it's been ages since the last time I used java, but I can tell I installed python 2.7.2 and I have java jre1.6.0_22)

Thanks for all this great work!

Best,
Pablo

PS: Sorry if it's a silly mistake
pabloaguirre78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 04:57 AM   #119
Sir Alex
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabloaguirre78 View Post
Any ideas? (I'm a complete ignorant on python, and it's been ages since the last time I used java, but I can tell I installed python 2.7.2 and I have java jre1.6.0_22)
Try to install OpenSSL. (And replace path to it in the kindle_update_tool.py file).
Old 10-18-2011, 05:25 AM   #120
Sir Alex
Groupie

All hacks updated to support 3.3 firmware.
http://www.siralex.info/downloads/

Tags
localization