Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-27-2007, 06:08 AM   #1
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Problem converting LIT to Sony Reader format.

Hi there.
I'm suppose to get my reader tommorow and I wanted to create some sample books to test it.

When I installed Book Designer and loaded lit file into it , I got an Error :
File not found : clitl2a.exe

What did I do wrong ?
And before I load the book to the reader , Is there a way to "test" it on the computer ? Any viewer or emulator to the sony reader ?

Thank you.
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:04 AM   #2
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Can't answer the first part, but the Sony Connect Reader sw 'emulates' the reader for displaying ebooks.
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Have you installed BD correctly? You need to first of all install BD4 using the "bookdesigner.msi" installer, and then unzip the BD5 update on top of it, overwriting the files with the same name.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
alophind
Connoisseur
alophind began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Treo 650
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Have you installed BD correctly? You need to first of all install BD4 using the "bookdesigner.msi" installer, and then unzip the BD5 update on top of it, overwriting the files with the same name.
Problem solved ... Re installed 4.. then put 5 on the same directory and all works now .

After I opened a lit file , How I convert it to Sony reader format ?
Just click "Make book" or should I do some things before ? change or increase font size (or its irrelevant in the device) , cut to pages.. etc...

Thanks.
alophind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 11:31 AM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
At the simplest level, just click the "Make Sony Reader Book" icon. You might, however, wish to do some tidying up - make sure that everything that's a title should be one, add manual page breaks, a table of contents - that kind of thing.

You may find my BD tutorial in the "Book Uploads" forum to be a some interest.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote