Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-08-2009, 12:18 PM   #1
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
sorting ideas

just DLd calibre, so far i like it, but have a few issues..

1) the default sorting for the library files has each book behind several files, normally this isnt an issue, but ill get into that later. i tried to adjust this, but it doesnt seem to be making any changes.

2) there is NO support whatsoever for IMP format or IMP1200. the ONLY format i can use is IMP. so alone the program doesnt work for me.

i CAN convert RTF into IMP, BUT its a serious PITA if the files are spread over a huge tree in the library, i would be unable to bulk convert the RTF files, and have to search them out and convert individually. (with some 800 individual files, that aint happening.)

3) display, it would be nice to have the ability to see at a glance what formats are available for a given file, say a series of columns for each format, with checks indicating available formats.

4) bookshelves, my EBW librarian software allows multiple bookshelves, so i can have different types of files (personal, fiction, adventure, reference, etc) in their own individual bookshelf, is there a way to do that in calibre? once i hit a few thousand files, a quicker sort would help..

anyway, i love the program so far, keep up the good work, i cant wait till its the only program i need for my EBW1150/REB1200
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 08:33 PM   #2
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
I have an EB1150, myself, and simply convert files to .txt (with letter substitutions made automatically) and a line added at the end of paragraphs. When ready to put on my machine, I save them all (txt only) to a single directory. The naming is great and they area ready to import into the ebookwise Librarian. Sure, it would be nice to save that last step, but the price is right, and I'm able to organize things so much more effectively than before...and conversions are easier than ever.
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2009, 10:12 PM   #3
Lago
Connoisseur
Lago doesn't litterLago doesn't litter

Device: Ebookwise 1150, REB1200, PRS-600
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyanonymous View Post
I have an EB1150, myself, and simply convert files to .txt (with letter substitutions made automatically) and a line added at the end of paragraphs. When ready to put on my machine, I save them all (txt only) to a single directory. The naming is great and they area ready to import into the ebookwise Librarian. Sure, it would be nice to save that last step, but the price is right, and I'm able to organize things so much more effectively than before...and conversions are easier than ever.
oh im not complaining, was just making an observation. how do you get it to save all the .txt files to one directory though?
Lago is offline   Reply With Quote