Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Alternative Devices

Notices

Old 09-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #31
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
There's the problem: Those tabs you mention, on my TP2, is a list of 6 tab headings that do nothing. I can select them, but not open them. So I can't control any of those functions.

If you're using a TP2, maybe the difference is in the OS? Are you on WM6.5 Pro, CE OS 5.2.21874? (Look in your About settings) Who is your carrier... there are different HTC OS versions that are dependent on carrier. (I'm on Verizon)

Are you running Mobi from the device, or the storage card? There must be something different about our setups.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:57 AM   #32
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update: The B&N App

I realized I didn't come back and finish this subthread, so:

Though I was able to establish the B&N app came from B&N (and is linked to from their own forums), I was unable to get help from their support team that allowed me to reopen the app and see my books. After an extended back-and-forth, with people who provided lots of suggestions, none of which worked, I finally decided to write it off. I have since shifted all of my B&N and eReader books to ePubs, and read them in either of my ePub readers.

I have to draw the conclusion that B&N has decided not to spend any real effort on updating their reader for WM smartphones. I can only guess it's because they are now such a small part of the smartphone market, the iPhone/iPod and Android machines literally leaving it in the dust. If they at least changed the app to allow you to continue using the old app, I might have a reason to go back to it. But as-is, not a chance.
Old 09-27-2010, 11:26 AM   #33
new2kindle2
new2kindle2 began at the beginning.

Device: K2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lyle Jordan View Post
There's the problem: Those tabs you mention, on my TP2, is a list of 6 tab headings that do nothing. I can select them, but not open them. So I can't control any of those functions.

If you're using a TP2, maybe the difference is in the OS? Are you on WM6.5 Pro, CE OS 5.2.21874? (Look in your About settings) Who is your carrier... there are different HTC OS versions that are dependent on carrier. (I'm on Verizon)

Are you running Mobi from the device, or the storage card? There must be something different about our setups.

CE OS 5.2.23568(23568.5.5.0 ), 6.5 Pro and I installed on the SD card. I'm on Sprint.

Could it be a bad install? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Just to let you know also that I am using cusrom ROM but I don't think that should matter?
new2kindle2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 12:36 PM   #34
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by new2kindle2 View Post
CE OS 5.2.23568(23568.5.5.0 ), 6.5 Pro and I installed on the SD card. I'm on Sprint.

Could it be a bad install? Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling?

Just to let you know also that I am using cusrom ROM but I don't think that should matter?
It could be any one of those issues (including my needing to do a reinstall, which I may try tonight). Apparently different carriers got their TP2s with different OS versions loaded on them, some had been upgraded, some had not. So there could be a significant difference between your Sprint OS and my Verizon OS.
Old 09-27-2010, 07:50 PM   #35
new2kindle2

How about clicking Menu, Display then Full Screen?

I really hope this works out for you. It makes it so much easier to read.

Question: Can any of the other readers you mentioned can read library books? There's some epub formats that I am interested in reading. Thanks!
Old 09-27-2010, 10:16 PM   #36
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
How about clicking Menu, Display then Full Screen?
Tried it... still no scrolling. I'll have to look at reinstalling, maybe tomorrow (it's too late tonight).

Quote:
Question: Can any of the other readers you mentioned can read library books? There's some epub formats that I am interested in reading. Thanks!
I've never tried them. As far as I know, library content is tied to dedicated readers or full computers, and uses DRM to secure it. I haven't heard of any smartphone app that can read library ebooks as-is, but I could be wrong.
Old 09-28-2010, 11:17 AM   #37
new2kindle2

[QUOTE=Steven Lyle Jordan;1134057]Tried it... still no scrolling. I'll have to look at reinstalling, maybe tomorrow (it's too late tonight).

Also, just a suggestion... try downloading the CAB file again. It could be a bad file.

Tags
e-books, htc touch pro 2, smartphone