Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Writers' Corner

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 03:58 AM   #1
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Apple Ipad 3rd Generation
Question Promoting My Blog - How?

With my on going bout of writers block on my current short story, I have been concentrating on my Blog since April. However it has a very limited following.

Has anyone any ideas on how I can promote my blog and get it a ider audience?
mjhudston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 05:51 AM   #2
arcadata
Grand Sorcerer
arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.arcadata ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Kindle Fire, iPad, iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350
Well, for starters, you can promote yourself on the Shamelessly (& Endlessly) Promote Your Blog/Website/Review site thread here.
arcadata is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 08:47 PM   #3
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
Another thing you can do is to promote your blog on Facebook, Twitter, Good Reads (they have a section for an author blog there), as well as getting it aggregated by Google. (I haven't bothered to do this one yet, so you'll have to google to find out how that works.) Also, make sure your blog has an active, working RSS feed. That'll bring in a bunch more people if they see you have a feed.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 11:27 PM   #4
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Ummm . . . at the moment, it's been hacked. The hacker even said looooool. I might have added an extra o.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:36 AM   #5
mjhudston
All round good egg
mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mjhudston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yep That happened about 2100 hrs British time yesterday. In conversation with my host to figure out what exactly happened!
Advert
Old 01-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #6
sorinxdx
sorinxdx began at the beginning.

Device: Irex Iliad
Be social.

Are you on Twitter, facebook, youtube?

Are you interacting with other bloggers from within your market? Are you doing guest blogs?

These should get you started.
sorinxdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:53 AM   #7
Steven Lake
Sci-Fi Author
Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PC (Calibre)
mjhudston: I suspect that the hack is part of an ongoing spree of hacking madness that's happening right now. Likely there's a group or several that have found an undocumented vulnerability somewhere and are exploiting it in order to make little nuisances of themselves. My old tech website got hacked twice in two days, and a number of other high profile websites have also been hacked recently too. Thankfully, by the grace of God, mine has been spared. But if it is a known vulnerability going around, that could change too. So don't feel too bad about it being hacked, as you likely weren't singled out for anything you did.
Steven Lake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:26 AM   #8
mjhudston
All round good egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Lake View Post
So don't feel too bad about it being hacked, as you likely weren't singled out for anything you did.
I am under no delusion that I am that important to be a specific target, im just interested to know how, so it can be prevented.

TO the others, thanks for your advice so far. I am on facebook, and do promote it there amongst friends, and they do contribute, im just trying to get a wider audience.

Old 01-17-2011, 11:31 AM   #9
LivelyWriter
Dead Barchetta
LivelyWriter began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Reader, Kindle
You can try to get on with some group collaborative efforts. There is one movement out there, for example, called Six Sentence Sunday where every Sunday you post six sentences of a story, and you link up your blog to a list of other participants. If you Google it you should find the site.

I tried it yesterday and saw a good increase in traffic.

Join me on Goodreads.
LivelyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
mjhudston
All round good egg

Good news, is my blog is back up and running.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:13 PM   #11
kcmay
Addict
kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kcmay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2
What some people do to increase traffic to their blog is to interview people who are involved in your main subject matter somehow. For instance, if you write historical fiction, you could interview other writers in the genre, people who are experts on period architecture, clothing or weapons, editors who've been editing indie writers, etc. Those people will often get the word out about that particular interview, which might prompt others to request interviews or follow your blog, etc. The more of these things you do, the more people you have helping you get the word out about the blog.

The most-followed blogs offer information that others find interesting. That's why my blog is the very definition of epic fail.
kcmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:26 PM   #12
JulieMack
Enthusiast
JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JulieMack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I have been blogging for a couple years and even decided to create another blog about blogging - titled MoreIncomeBlogging.... Anyhow, I think creating good content, interacting with your audience, etc is a start. You will slowly build relationships, but it will pay off in the long run if you are honest and helpful. Forums, commenting on other blogs, etc. It is important to add value, be sincere, and not overly promotional - this is true in social media as well! Good luck!
JulieMack is offline   Reply With Quote