Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 04-10-2024, 11:52 PM   #1
Codename_B
Codename_B began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Make KOReader Calibre metadata sync

Is there a way to make the calibre plugin have the most updated metadata for all my books? What I mean by this is so that if I add a new book it will show in my calibre metadata search results. I don't know if this happens automatically. Is there a way to know for sure? I had a problem with calibre metadata not working at all for 3 hours and while writing a post about the problem it randomly worked

Thanks
Codename_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:33 AM   #2
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
It should happen automatically given two prerrequisites:

1. KOReader knows about the specific library you're pushing books to.
2. Your computer and your device share time and timezone (which should be granted on sane devices but not on kindles).

If your on-device collection isn't very large and/or your device is powerful/recent enough you can make sure you're always consuming on-device latest metadata by disabling cache in the calibre plugin settings, within KO.

The reason of the behaviour you saw can be probably explained like that: during that timeframe (3h) your cache was "newer" than the metadata itself, so it was used. After that time a new search will figure out the metadata is newer than the cache and trigger a rebuild.

tl;dr: on most devices it should work out of the box. on kindles the easiest workaround is to disable cache.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:23 AM   #3
Codename_B
Codename_B began at the beginning.

Device: PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
It should happen automatically given two prerrequisites:

1. KOReader knows about the specific library you're pushing books to.
2. Your computer and your device share time and timezone (which should be granted on sane devices but not on kindles).

If your on-device collection isn't very large and/or your device is powerful/recent enough you can make sure you're always consuming on-device latest metadata by disabling cache in the calibre plugin settings, within KO.

The reason of the behaviour you saw can be probably explained like that: during that timeframe (3h) your cache was "newer" than the metadata itself, so it was used. After that time a new search will figure out the metadata is newer than the cache and trigger a rebuild.

tl;dr: on most devices it should work out of the box. on kindles the easiest workaround is to disable cache.
Thanks for your response. I'm not connected through wifi or anything so I don't know how calibre defines and stores libraries. I don't even use calibre on the other device. I'm just trying to have a good way to search and sort my files. I just want to make sure I understand you correctly for my scenario. Should I just disable the cache and it will store and update metadata?
Codename_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 03:10 PM   #4
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codename_B View Post
I just want to make sure I understand you correctly for my scenario. Should I just disable the cache and it will store and update metadata?
Yes, it will fix your issue and you won't notice it for a few hundred books.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kindle, koreader