savingtrees doesn't littersavingtrees doesn't litter

Device: 603
that's the thread I had in mind:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=120874
savingtrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2011, 03:17 PM   #182
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
another bug I had not previously noted - FBReader 180 seems not to be working properly (shows fewer pages, and jumps many). If I understood correctly from the Russian forum, this was a problem with 2.0.5 too, but I had not noticed.
paola is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2011, 09:55 AM   #183
zouhzouh
zouhzouh began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Pro 602
Wifi with hidden SSID does not work

Good afternoon, everybody, I apologize for my bad english, I am french.

I succeeded to connect my PB602 in wifi with my network when the essid is broadcasted.
But when I do not broadcast the essid, I cannot connect, even when I tell my essid correctly to the PB602 (select other…, then type in the essid through the keyboard).
I get an « error network », and details are :

It is strange that « eth0 » is invoked, instead of « wlan0 » ; probably, bug ?
Please, Mr PocketBook, correct this bug !! I do not want to broadcast my essid…
zouhzouh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 10:14 AM   #184
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
zouhzouh - Welcome to Mobileread ....

Hopefully someone will answer who knows more about this than me -

I gave up trying to get my 302 to talk to my router ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2011, 10:43 AM   #185
drcain
drcain began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by savingtrees View Post
Thanks for the thread link - this pretty much seems to be the same probelm as I have.
But I have kept the 902 on and running (and connected to PC) stuck on the Bookland's page for 50 hours already and it's still stuck
drcain is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #186
savingtrees
savingtrees doesn't littersavingtrees doesn't litter

Device: 603
I'm sorry to hear that time didn't fix the problem. I worry that you probably have to send it back to your seller.

When you receive a new one maybe leave the free books installed for a while and see if you can use your book for more than a week.

Only very few people had this problem and it might be likely related to something you've copied onto the device or deleted from it. For example, some people had problems with special symbols in the file names (like commas etc).

Hope the you will not experience this problem with your third reader.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
savingtrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:18 AM   #187
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Personally, I forgot about those pre-installed books and didn't back them up before upgrading the firmware and they were gone.
Since they are project gutenberg books I say good riddance and nice to avoid this problem.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 02:18 AM   #188
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Heres a bug I've noticed on the 602 with the 2.0.6 firmware.

When a button is assigned to the 'rotate' function and is used the usual rotate menu isn't displayed and you need to choose the orientation using the keys without guidance.
Old 04-20-2011, 10:21 AM   #189
reader_bob
reader_bob began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by paola View Post
another bug I had not previously noted - FBReader 180 seems not to be working properly (shows fewer pages, and jumps many). If I understood correctly from the Russian forum, this was a problem with 2.0.5 too, but I had not noticed.
Same bug here. graynm fbreader does not advance to the next page but the next chapter.
Every book so far. It does not display pagecount but chapter count and however I try getting to the next page I get sent directly to the next chapter!

edit:
the bug was, to my knowledge, first reported here:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhck View Post
I flashed 2.0.5 few minutes ago and i found:
1. fbreader180 doesn't work properly (it jumps to next chapter, when i try to turn a page)
2. After flashing 2.0.5 — info about last position in all books is lost (Every book opens on the first page).
3. "Update mode" in fbreader is broken. You can set the mode to "good quality" but in fact it looks like in "high speed"
4. maybe some positive changes, but i'm going back to 2.0.4
So let's hope that flashing down to 2.0.4 on the 902 will not destroy the device and and also make fbreader180 work as it's supposed to

Last edited by reader_bob; 04-20-2011 at 12:39 PM. Reason: new information
reader_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 01:32 PM   #190
Loppe
Loppe began at the beginning.

Device: PocketbookPro 602
Small bug: TTS doesn't work properly when book is read in Reflow zoom mode. It keeps returning to previous page.
Loppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 11:55 PM   #191
J.C.
Addict

You're probably using AdobeViewer, but what version firmware are you on Loppe ?
Old 04-22-2011, 06:07 AM   #192
Loppe
Loppe began at the beginning.

Device: PocketbookPro 602
I updated to 2.0.6 but I tought it was slower than 2.0.5, so now i'm back on 2.0.5. but still with dutch language and all.

edit: back on 2.0.6 now

Last edited by Loppe; 04-27-2011 at 03:23 PM.
Loppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 03:57 AM   #193
danielaluz
danielaluz began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 902
Overlapping display

Hello,
I just got my pocketbook yesterday and today it has already started malfunctioning. Essentially what happens is that the screens overlap. So when I open a document, there is a very evident trace of the home screen, etc. etc. Even when it is off, I see the Pocketbook advert logo and there is a trace of the home screen. Please let me know if this is fixable or if I need to ask for another unit.
Many thanks,
Daniela
danielaluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 06:27 AM   #194
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Daniela, welcome to MobileRead!

It's not a bug, it's a feature and it even has a name - ghosting !
You can diminish it's effects by setting page refresh to every time in the configuration menu. But this will slow down the time the device takes to open a new page.
And you're right, ghosting can be very annoying. If it is too annoying try to exchange the device. But I have my doubts that the replacement reader will show a different behaviour.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 01:56 AM   #195
Wolframk
Wolframk began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 603
Pocketbook Pro 603 - two bugs

Hi,
with the new firmware versions (2.0.5 and 2.0.6) I've noticed two new bugs that weren't there in earlier firmware versions.

1) The auto-orientation when rotating your pocketbook. Usually I set the orientation option to "automatic" so when I rotate my pocketbook the screen updates automatically. But with the new firmware versions it just locks and stays (e.g. in 270° orientation)! When I go to configuration the orientation option isn't at "automatic" but on "270°". This is very annoying and I set it to vertical to get rid of this problem.

2) The dictionaries. What other users already discovered - many of the dictionaries are suddenly demo versions! Why? But what annoys me most - many dictionaries are missing! e.g. the oxford en-en dictionary and all the other oxford's aren't available anymore when clicking on "dictionary". If I chose "remove packages" I indeed SEE the oxford dictionaries and I'm able to remove them (what I don't want) but when I want to use them - they aren't visible.

Can anyone help me?

Where can I get older firmware versions? (older than 2.0.5)?

Thanks!

Wolfram
Wolframk is offline   Reply With Quote