Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-05-2010, 10:15 PM   #1
ATimson
Evangelist
ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATimson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Image resizing - how to disable?

When converting some Mobipocket files to ePub from the command line today, I noticed that it was doing some rescaling of images, to my surprise:

930x1228 to 898x1186
710x1197 to 703x1186
787x1302 to 716x1186

Input profile was Mobipocket, output profile default. Should default be doing any resizing? Looking at profiles.py, I don't see why. And 1186 pixels seems like an oddly specific height to be shared by all three...
ATimson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
IIRC default output profile defines a screen size of 1200xsomething or the other, hence the resizing. I don't think there are any larger screen sized profiles.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2012, 12:08 AM   #3
rurdyrucker
rurdyrucker began at the beginning.

Device: iPad, Kindle, iPhone, Windows
I'm thinking it might be safer to resize my images first in Photoshop before doing the EPUB or MOBIL conversion than let Calibre resize them? That is, will the sizing algorithm be as good?

I think Tablet doesn't resize either, if you're under 1000 anyway.
rurdyrucker is offline   Reply With Quote