Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-16-2009, 09:05 PM   #1
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle 2 spotted on TV

I don't know how rare this is these days, but I was watching last week's Royal Pains on USA when I spotted a Kindle 2. The owner wasn't happy about giving it up, but I had a fit when they tossed it into a bag with a bunch of other electronic gadgets.

Carl
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RoyalPains.jpg
Views:	389
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	32442  
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:13 PM   #2
Teyrnon
Groupie
Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Teyrnon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetBook, Kindle DX, Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Nook Simple Touch
Doesn't sound too healthy for it. Why did the owner have to give it up though?
Teyrnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2009, 09:34 PM   #3
ziplizard
Enthusiast
ziplizard doesn't litterziplizard doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2.0
Ooo! I still have to watch last week's ep. Was the owner one of those really rich people? I really want to say I have something that one of the richies have since I can't say I have a 10 million dollar house or fifty cars like they all do.
ziplizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:52 PM   #4
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teyrnon View Post
Doesn't sound too healthy for it. Why did the owner have to give it up though?
Everyone had to surrender their phones, video games and other gadgets, so the family would be more or less forced to spend quality time together. They were on a private island with no TV, no Internet and only one phone, which was broken.
Old 07-16-2009, 09:53 PM   #5
carld
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziplizard View Post
Ooo! I still have to watch last week's ep. Was the owner one of those really rich people? I really want to say I have something that one of the richies have since I can't say I have a 10 million dollar house or fifty cars like they all do.
Yes it was. You also probably don't have your own large private island either I'm guessing
Advert