Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Mobile Sites

Notices

Old 12-11-2002, 02:50 AM   #16
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Are you using the latest version of iSiloX? V3.25 Final. There was a bug until some beta of V3.25 including all previous versions were the Send and Receive Cookies settings weren't properly saved.
Old 12-13-2002, 08:26 PM   #17
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Smile

Please keep us posted if you could make MyYahoo work for yourself. I have been using it for the last couple of days, without problem.
Advert
Old 12-15-2002, 12:14 PM   #18
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Device: Palm Tungsten T|T3
Lightbulb

I seem to be having a problem logging into Yahoo!. I tried a variety of the links, and ended up choosing the weather link with a depth of 1 (the shortest conversion time) to see if I could figure out the problem. Regardless of news or weather or movies, it keeps generating the following message which is telling me that it can't log me in:

Unable to open: https://login.yahoo.com/config/login?.src=&...aw%3fdp=weather

(And yes, of course I have the cookies set up

Ideas?
Old 12-15-2002, 02:42 PM   #19
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Sunshine,

where did you get that url from? Assume you want to know the weather in Kuwait... try this http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=wtregs&cntr=&c...st=**&ct=Kuwait

Does that work for you? How did I do that? Well, first go to "http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?&.done=http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=weather&login=YOURNAME&passwd=YOURPASS" with your Internet Explorer. I put the thing in quotes so you actually see what is going on. Replace YOURNAME and YOURPASS with your yahoo login information. After that you are logged in and you can browse through the weather categories to find your weather location. Write down the final url - this is the one you should use in iSiloX for the future to retrieve weather news.

If you want to see your MyYahoo Mail, use "http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?&.done=http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=mail&login=YOURNAME&passwd=YOURPASS"
or MyYahoo Home, use "http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?&.done=http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=home&login=YOURNAME&passwd=YOURPASS"
Old 12-15-2002, 03:03 PM   #20
sUnShInE
Drama Queen
sUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to beholdsUnShInE is a marvel to behold

Quote:
Originally posted by Alexander@Dec 15 2002, 01:42 PM

Sunshine,

where did you get that url from?
The url I posted is what is generated by the .ixl after conversion.

Quote:
Assume you want to know the weather in Kuwait... try this http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=wtregs&cntr=&c...st=**&ct=Kuwait
Yes, this works fine, and I'm glad to know the weather in Kuwait.

Quote:

Does that work for you? How did I do that? Well, first go to "http://login.yahoo.com/config/login?&.done=http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=weather&login=YOURNAME&passwd=YOURPASS" with your Internet Explorer. I put the thing in quotes so you actually see what is going on. Replace YOURNAME and YOURPASS with your yahoo login information. After that you are logged in and you can browse through the weather categories to find your weather location. Write down the final url - this is the one you should use in iSiloX for the future to retrieve weather news.
Yes, I am using this link with my Yahoo ID & password in the link. It works fine in my IE, which is why I'm really stumped. I checked my browser cookies, which are fine, as well as made sure (at least 10 times!) that the iSilo send & receive cookies were active.

TIA for your help!
Advert
Old 12-15-2002, 03:13 PM   #21
sUnShInE
Drama Queen

I just figured out what I was doing wrong.

I was using the url/path with the YOURNAME & PASSWORD as the link in the .ixl -- instead of using what I got from after I logged into Yahoo! (ex. http://pg1.yahoo.com/raw?dp=news)

If this wasn't in the instructions, and I suspect it was but I am often accused of doing and not reading perhaps others can be instructed by my mistake.

Off to read Yahoo!
Old 12-16-2002, 01:12 PM   #22
kezza
Lowlife of the Party
kezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura aboutkezza has a spectacular aura about

Device: nook, iphone
Smile

Quote:
Originally posted by saw9000,Dec 9 2002, 09:43 AM
The reason I say it's probably some kind of simple issue I haven't seen yet is because I entered the information and tried to convert the channel, but it couldn't get any data at all. *I then tried another channel and had the same problem. *I shut down and restarted my PC in disgust, tried the other channel again, and it worked fine. *Right after that was when I tried Yahoo and got the 6 KB of content. *
Scott
i realize this is a slightly old post (btw, hi scott!), but i think i know what the problem is -- you need to make sure that it's set to follow off-site links. when i didn't do that, all i got was the 6k doc, not the full thing.

okay, nevermind. i can't get it to download right if i have it set to follow off-site links. and i can't get it to convert without it. i'll play around some more. bah.
Old 12-17-2002, 01:37 AM   #23
saw9000
Zealot
saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.saw9000 is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Sorry I haven't been able to reply to this thread as promptly as I would like. I've just gotten finished with exams and have started working full-time. As such, I've gone from one big time consumer to another. I'll test a bit more and reply as soon as I can.
Scott
Old 12-22-2002, 01:44 AM   #24
LSAlford
LSAlford began at the beginning.

I'm very new here, and this is a Plucker/iSilo compatability question. I know that this site isn't about Plucker, so I appologize if this is out of line.

I have attempted to use these instructions to convert MyYahoo for use with Plucker. I first attempted to use Plucker Desktop to convert rather than iSilo, but Plucker Desktop doesn't support cookies.

So, I downloaded iSiloX to convert MyYahoo, still hoping to use Plucker to read the page.

No luck. I am able to install the .pdb file on my Clie, but Plucker still doesn't see it. The information I've read about iSiloX seems to sugest that it can be used to convert sites for Plucker also. Is this incorrect?

My best guess is that Plucker reads *.prc files and that iSilo reads *.pdb files. Is this it? Does anyone know?
Old 12-22-2002, 05:08 AM   #25
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

LSAlford,

The outcome files of Plucker and iSiloX are not compatible to each other. Each uses its own document structure and has a different compression method. So you cannot use iSiloX to create documents for Plucker.

I suggest that you either give iSilo a try (I personally believe it is superior to Plucker - if one is ready to pay for it), or use another tool like HTTrack which is free and which allows you to download a page using cookies in HTML. You can then convert that HTML stored on your harddrive using Plucker and achieve exactly what you wanted to when you tried using iSiloX for Plucker.

Oh! And plesae don't appologize for asking Plucker questions. Look around our board - there is even a section for non-iSilo browsers like Plucker and Avantgo. Feel free to post your Plucker questions there.

Alex
Old 12-22-2002, 09:03 AM   #26
LSAlford

I'm not religous about Plucker - in fact I've only been using it a couple of weks since I traded my Palm4 device for a Palm5 device and had to give up AvantGo (I tried the AvantGo beta, terrible!)

The version of Plucker that I'm using supports the collapsable grafitti area of my Clie NX70V which is why I chose to install it instead of iSilo.

I'm going to try iSilo today.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:24 AM   #27
LSAlford

OT: I was looking around the i Silosite for a version (beta?) which supports the hires+ of the Sony NR/NX series. Any suggestions.
Old 12-22-2002, 09:33 AM   #28
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Get iSilo V3.25 from here.

It supports both hires+ as well as the new Clie NX generation.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:06 AM   #29
LSAlford

Okay, I've installed iSilo and I like it. In fact, it DOES support my virtual graffiti area. Only problem - first page displays fine, but links appear as text/url.
Old 12-22-2002, 10:25 AM   #30
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Heh ok this is becoming increasingly OT. Let's continue the iSilo-NX-discussion here: http://www.turcic.com/forums/showthr...=&threadid=162