Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 04-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Simplistic HTML0 creator (copy-paste-save)

So I need to do some work, copy-pasting text from HTML webpage onto another page. I want to remove all advanced formatting and tags (like <class>, font types etc etc...).

I want an editor that's kind of like a basic text editor, saving the copied text as regular text (with exception of bold, italic, underlined, or different fontsize).

In other words, I want to get a clean HTML page, without all rubbish to underlying html's, class objects or whatever...

I know I used to have an editor that did this, about 4 years ago, but I forgot which one it was...
Now, I can choose between pasting the text into a text editor and lose ALL formatting, or pasting it into an advanced editor, and keep all formatting.

I want neither; just to keep the basic text formatting and delete all else..

Preferably a free program that will work in Windows XP!

Any suggestions ?

(BTW, I tried Kompozer and NVU, but they add all kinds of junk to the file).
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote