Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 11-30-2012, 12:00 AM   #1
rupeshbhurke
rupeshbhurke began at the beginning.

Device: rupeshbhurke@yahoo.com
Smile Needed Last Opened Books Application

Hi All,

I have been using PocketBook PRO 902 for quite some time now. And I think "Last Opened Book" widget is insufficient.

So I was wondering if it's possible to create an application for same purpose.
Needed features:

1. Longer list (prob. unlimited entries of last opened books).
2. Organizing list (Removing one/many entires)
3. Possibility of opening books from within the application ( using system registered applications ).
4. we may think of publishing list (for those who may wish to advertise their lists), etc.

Any ideas, links & guidance is welcome.

Thank you.
rupeshbhurke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:34 AM   #2
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
If you download the latest SDK, then you can see the functions that are available for applications. You can definitely open books within an application, and get a list of the books that were opened last. However, you don't really have control over that list, except to add books to it and to flush it entirely. If you want to remove some books, then you'll probably have to keep a list of the ones to save, flush the whole list, and add back those you want to be there. Anyway, look at the inkview.h file in the SDK to see what functions in the API are available. Here's part of the file:

Code:
int OpenBook(const char *path, const char *parameters, int flags);
void BookReady(const char *path);
char **GetLastOpen();
void AddLastOpen(const char *path);
void OpenLastBooks();
void FlushLastOpen();
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #3
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupeshbhurke View Post
3. Possibility of opening books from within the application ( using system registered applications ).
This is not what you are looking for but perhaps a little help:
If you shortly press the on/off button a menue opens with some functions (for instance making a screenshot) and the list of the ten last opened books. You can open the books from there. For changing between books very often this is the quickest way (assumed the book you want to open is amongst the last ten).
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 02:10 AM   #4
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, I only lock/unlock my screen if I do a short press on the power button. Does the button press have to be at a special time?
Old 11-30-2012, 02:20 AM   #5
pkbo
Addict
pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pkbo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Check this app I did not try it for myself. But I guess it is what you looking for.
pkbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #6
troll05
Harmless idiot
troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.troll05 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB622, Nexus7, Sony PRS 350, Tolino und nur noch wenig toter Baum:(
And maybe the announced new FW will help there too. In the 622 you have a very long list of read books , you can delete them one by one and there is a kind of social network (ReadRate) built in.
Forkosigan say FW is not yet scheduled but eventually will happen next year
troll05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #7
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkomar View Post
Hmm, I only lock/unlock my screen if I do a short press on the power button. Does the button press have to be at a special time?
Sorry, my mistake, I thought this was the default setting. You have to set "Last open books" to the key "Short press on/off" or "Double press on/off".
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 12:29 PM   #8
rkomar
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Sorry, my mistake, I thought this was the default setting. You have to set "Last open books" to the key "Short press on/off" or "Double press on/off".
Ah, thanks! That sounds worth changing, because I keep locking the reader by mistake while reading in landscape mode.