Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
Alien Coffee - John H. Carroll

"Alien Coffee" is a Sci-fi comedy Novella set in present day Idaho.

Amazon
Amazon UK
Apple
Smashwords
B&N
Kobo

Everyone knows aliens secretly live on Earth. A lesser known fact is how much they like coffee.

Jillian lives a peaceful life amongst the trees and mountains of Northern Idaho. However, her coffee cup is constantly empty even though she can’t remember drinking it.

When she discovers who the coffee culprits are, it takes all her willpower to hold onto her sanity. The revelation leads her on the most exciting adventure of her life. Upon learning about emo bunnies and the true purpose of snails, it seems her sanity may be lost forever.

A Colombian drug lord has an alien problem of his own. To make matters worse, the aliens are teenagers.

Aliens, coffee, emo bunnies, snails, teenagers and a Colombian drug lord all take part in this humorous sci-fi romp. It’s hard to tell which is the worst.

Last edited by John Carroll; 07-22-2017 at 10:11 AM. Reason: fixed image and fixed link
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:16 AM   #2
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
As I've progressed in my path as a writer, I've learned many things. Most importantly, the quality of my writing has improved.

Alien Coffee is another of the books I've gone through and made vast improvements in readability while losing none of the story. I've redone the cover as well. All links in the first post of this thread now have the new cleaner version.

It's 1/2 off on Smashwords through the end of July.

All my best.
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Carroll View Post
As I've progressed in my path as a writer, I've learned many things. Most importantly, the quality of my writing has improved.

Alien Coffee is another of the books I've gone through and made vast improvements in readability while losing none of the story. I've redone the cover as well. All links in the first post of this thread now have the new cleaner version.

It's 1/2 off on Smashwords through the end of July.

All my best.
This just lost me as a reader.
The reason is because you now have two different books with the same title. If I had read the original and someone else read the new version, we couldn't discuss it because things have changed.
Most readers if they read the first version are probably not going to read the updated book.
Of course, if it was bad enough that it really did need revised then people probably won't buy your next book either.
First impressions on books are lasting.

Not you, but I have seen many books that the author just needed to take it down and start all over.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If the cover in the first post is the updated cover, then it needs work. It screams Photoshop loud enough to wake the neighbors. It also screams "I have no idea what makes a good use of fonts". It's the sort of cover I'd see and then not read the description as I move on to the next book.

When you redid the cover, did you get opinions on the cover from more than just friends and family?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 11:41 PM   #5
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Thanks!
cromag is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
alien, coffee, emo bunny