Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 03-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #1
cinnaknits
cinnaknits began at the beginning.

Device: kobo,pocketbook iq701
IQ newbie who needs help

I received my PBIQ about 48hours ago and have updated the firmware repack and then just rebooted and put the PB sites firmware update on. I bought the PB IQ for a couiple of reasons1)color reader with light,2)download my kobo books. Surfing the internet would be nice as well but not a big deal.
I am able to set up my wifi but not access the net at all.I have tried reconfiguring my router to no avail. Went to hotspot and still could not access the internet. Used a usb in the hope of getting authorized with adobe digital editions with no luck. Even though my netbook recognizez my device adobe does not. I have downloaded apps etc but can not read my drm epubs or access internet. I have read through most of the threads on the forum and have found nothing that seems to work. My sd card works fine as I downloaded a pdf knitting pattern to the card and was able to read it on the IQ. I am able to access the internet with desktop pc,laptopsX2 ,netbook,ipaq,nintendo wi, kobo wifi, and my motorolla dext.
I am wondering if it is because I am in Canada? I know that sounds idiotic.
I am so tired and frustrated that I truly am considering sending my iq back and just buying and ipad?
Any ideas what could be wrong? If I can access the internet with the IQ I would be such a happy gal as not to be believed. Or if I can get adobe to authorize the IQ I would be just as happy.
Cinnaknits

Update
I am still trying to get internet access.I took back off and unplugged battery with little avail. Changed wep to wpa/wpa2 no help there.Manually input numbers and still no go.Oh and adobe digital edition is still not recognized. I am using an older model lynksys b&g.Does anyone think an "N" would allow me on the net with my IQ?

Last edited by cinnaknits; 03-19-2011 at 10:32 AM. Reason: Update
cinnaknits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:02 PM   #2
MmavisO
Seeker
MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MmavisO ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Asus TF, PB 360, Jetbook Lite
I'm not sure what the answer is to your internet access issues--mine worked out of the box. But as of now, the IQ does not work with Adobe Digital Edition.

You could try contacting Pocketbook support--877-326-0196 or service@pocketbook-usa.com Sorry, all I have is American contact info, but it seems to be North American support, so they should be able to help you.
MmavisO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #3
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: jetbook and PocketBook IQ
The IQ works fine in Canada.

Q. are you broadcasting your WIFI on your router? If not, you have to set your router to broadcast.

For DRM books, you can use Overdrive or Aldiko v2.

When in doubt, reflash your IQ back to v.2.02 THEN flash the repack firmware.

You can get v 2.02 here: http://www.mediafire.com/?vcvchc6jjhdkqba

Cheers

Last edited by hiaig; 03-19-2011 at 12:33 PM.
hiaig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
cinnaknits

Thanks have emailed pocketbook support. I am broadcasting my wifi on my router. I had same problem at a hotspot. Able to connect to wifi but not access internet.
Cinnaknits
Old 03-20-2011, 08:54 PM   #5
staul62
staul62 began at the beginning.

Device: PB360
It seems unlikely, since you have the same problem at a hotspot, but is it possible that your router only allows Internet access to certain IP addresses?
staul62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 09:53 AM   #6
hiaig
Addict
hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.hiaig has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

1. Reflash to the original firmware 2.02
2. set up wifi and see if you can connect.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:07 PM   #7
cinnaknits

Sorry for not responding sooner but I work 12 hour shifts. An update. I took my IQ to work where they have an open network for visitors. I was able to log on and get on the internet with no problem.The night before I had reset my IQ to factory specs and loaded the firmware from the pocketbook web site. I was so thrilled to get on the internet and now believe the problem is solely that of my older b/g Linksys router as I was still not able to log on to th net here at home even after changing router to open network with WPA2 setting. I think it is time for a new router.Even so I don't mind just being able to get on th net only at work.
Thanks so much.
Cinnaknits
Old 03-22-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
mattias
mattias began at the beginning.

Device: IQ 701
Hey. i think i have the same problem as you. I just bought my IQ 701 and i cant turn on my wi-fi. it just saying Unable to start wi-fi. wtf should i do. ? i have a new router and an open network. :/
mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 12:01 PM   #9
hiaig
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattias View Post
Hey. i think i have the same problem as you. I just bought my IQ 701 and i cant turn on my wi-fi. it just saying Unable to start wi-fi. wtf should i do. ? i have a new router and an open network. :/
to help you out, we need a bit more information:
1. is it not working straight out of the box?
2. what is the firmware version? Is it the newest firmware?

Cheers
Old 03-22-2011, 03:07 PM   #10
mattias
mattias began at the beginning.

Device: IQ 701
hey!
So the problem is the check box at the wifi connection is not turning green
the firmware version pb701.2.0.3

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by mattias; 03-22-2011 at 05:32 PM.
mattias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 03:53 AM   #11
cinnaknits

Mattias
My wifi all worked except that I couldn't access the internet. Did you try a factory reset?
Cinnaknits
Old 03-24-2011, 09:20 PM   #12
cinnaknits

update
I just wanted to let you all know that I am sending this using my PB IQ from my home! Yeah! I solved my internet access problem by upgrading my router to an N router with dual band capability. Thanks to you all for your suggestions.

Tags
adobe digital edition, internet, iq701, wifi