NCitsme began at the beginning.

Device: none
bhartman36
Thanks again...
NCitsme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #32
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
No problem, NCitsme. Let me know if you have any other questions.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 10:41 AM   #33
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I think I'm probably out of luck...just not available in my area, but I'd love to play with one.

Oh well.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:52 AM   #34
irep146jesus
Jesus Freak
irep146jesus began at the beginning.

Device: craigs 7" android tablet
I clicked the link above to download the file, i asw you had many. which do i download?
irep146jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 11:56 AM   #35
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
irep146jesus and welcome to Mobileread ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #36
unisprise
unisprise began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-600
Wink problems w market

First I love Theresa people working so hard oj this obscure device. I installed The img. File. That. Was. Available +autocomplete us driving Me crazy+ but had no market app. Can. I sideload. Of from somewhere?
unisprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:21 PM   #37
irep146jesus
Jesus Freak
irep146jesus began at the beginning.

Device: craigs 7" android tablet
Ok i did everything like you said. went on android market, but i keep getting download unsuccessful
irep146jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 01:29 PM   #38
roc
Enthusiast
roc is on a distinguished road

Device: Dell Streak 5, Archos 80, Sony 950, Linux/X86 droid, OLPC XO, cbgs
Anyone else having issues with wifi connecting/staying connected? The Craig I just got today has been almost impossible in this regard on either of 2 AP's in my house unlike dozens of other devices I have used with them.

Update:
Swapped for another unit, but same issue. Then I decided to try connecting to my WEP-encrypted Access Point instead of the 2 WPA2-encrypted AP's, and it has not had any trouble so far - just another reason not do anything "serious" on this Android, but use it for casual muliltmedia and news/weather type "consumption" (using a secondary Gmail account that is not used for anything else).

TIA
RO

Last edited by roc; 03-05-2011 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Solution (of sorts)
roc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2011, 09:57 PM   #39
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The current release, 4.2, is here.

If you're having trouble with the market, use the aCCleaner included on the new firmware to wipe all the app data, then reboot.

You can sideload any apk file you can find. You just need to load it on an SD card or in the root of the device. Use the APK installer to browse to the file and install it.

Let me know if you have any more questions. Glad people are having a look at the project.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:45 PM   #40
balloon
balloon began at the beginning.

After I unplug USB cable, nothing happened. Is it automatically updated? Please help me. Thanks.
balloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #41
zicco
zicco began at the beginning.

Nice tutorial
zicco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 12:50 AM   #42
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon View Post
After I unplug USB cable, nothing happened. Is it automatically updated? Please help me. Thanks.
Hi, balloon.

If it does not update after you have unplugged the USB cable, check to make sure you have renamed the file update.img. (It won't update if it doesn't have that name.)
Old 03-07-2011, 01:02 AM   #43
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by roc View Post
Anyone else having issues with wifi connecting/staying connected? The Craig I just got today has been almost impossible in this regard on either of 2 AP's in my house unlike dozens of other devices I have used with them.

Update:
Swapped for another unit, but same issue. Then I decided to try connecting to my WEP-encrypted Access Point instead of the 2 WPA2-encrypted AP's, and it has not had any trouble so far - just another reason not do anything "serious" on this Android, but use it for casual muliltmedia and news/weather type "consumption" (using a secondary Gmail account that is not used for anything else).

TIA
RO
Hi, roc.

I have WPA2 enabled with no problems. I have heard of some people having a problem with certain routers. Your mileage will vary. You might get some ideas from the SlateDroid thread, though. (I've linked to the end of the thread so you can ask your question there, but feel free to peruse the thread, of course.)

Shad from SlateDroid has apparently made some serious progress investigating some tablet firmware that runs Froyo for modification for the Craig tablet. If it ends up working, it could bring a lot of things with it (including Flash). Right now, the biggest limitation is the screen, which doesn't support multitouch.
Old 03-07-2011, 10:09 PM   #44
balloon
balloon began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
Hi, balloon.

If it does not update after you have unplugged the USB cable, check to make sure you have renamed the file update.img. (It won't update if it doesn't have that name.)
I changed the name as you recommend, but it did not work. However, I found out that when I copied the file "update.img" to craig, it showed "update.img.img" in craig, so I go rename the file to "update" and then it works perfectly.

I am new to Android, I tried to download the application at market, but it's unsuccessful.

Thanks.

Last edited by balloon; 03-07-2011 at 11:05 PM.
balloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #45
bhartman36
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon View Post
I am new to Android, do you have any recommend with application I should install.

Thanks.
Well, seeing as how this is an e-book forum, I'd be remiss if I didn't suggest you install the Nook software and the Kindle software.

Aside from those, I really like the Skyfire browser (which allows you to view some Flash sites), as well as Facebook and Wallet (an application that keeps your usernames, passwords, atm numbers, etc). I also use Twitter, plus QuickNotes, an application that lets you draw on the screen so you can write down a quick note w/o typing. I think Adobe Reader's a good one, and if you're familiar with Palm Graffiti, you can install that, too (although that's $3, while the rest I've mentioned so far are free). Pandora's good for music, of course. And I'd also install RealPlayer. If you don't mind spending $15, you can also buy the full Docs to Go, so you can edit your Word and Excel documents.

There's actually a lot of good stuff available for cheap if you check out the market.