Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 05-26-2010, 04:47 AM   #16
alvico
Addict
alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alvico ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
Smashwords

Folks many of us are buying and getting free novels from Smahwords,

Well some of our most dedicated MR Members support us by hanging around the forums,

Lets Give back and try to put a few more REVIEWS up on Smashwords by way of THANKS

Hi Kevin,

A big thank you for championing indie authors. If I could give you extra karma, I would.

Cheers,
Vicki
alvico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:24 AM   #17
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-600 and 2 Kindle 3's - and now a K4 + HTC Desire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by alvico View Post
Hi Kevin,

A big thank you for championing indie authors. If I could give you extra karma, I would.

Cheers,
Vicki
THANKS Vicki,

You guys deserve it, oh and forget the Karma, A signed First Edition of your Twentieth Best Seller would be great

Loved "Thin Blood", great to see its shortlisted for June's BookClub Can't wait to start "Slieght Malice"

Kevin2960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 12:45 PM   #18
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin2960 View Post
THANKS Vicki,

You guys deserve it, oh and forget the Karma, A signed First Edition of your Twentieth Best Seller would be great

Loved "Thin Blood", great to see its shortlisted for June's BookClub Can't wait to start "Slieght Malice"

You'll love Sleigh Malice . I'll review it as soon as I have some time to write a good review, English is not my native language and I want to make it good ands constructive. By the way, I always try to review the books I read, is Smashwords or other sites, as you say, is a good way to thank the author's work.
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:54 PM   #19
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin
Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kevin2960 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anabelee View Post
You'll love Sleigh Malice . I'll review it as soon as I have some time to write a good review, English is not my native language and I want to make it good ands constructive. By the way, I always try to review the books I read, is Smashwords or other sites, as you say, is a good way to thank the author's work.

Exactly, thats all i hoped for, that people would give back a little support,

And Thanks I can't wait to start Slieght Malice

Old 05-26-2010, 02:05 PM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
Are we allowed not to review if we don't like the book!
To me a review from someone who disliked a book can be as valuable, if not more than a positive review. Especially with all the self published and small press stuff out now. Some of it is quite excellent, while some isn't very good and there is just so much of it being made available it's often hard to choose anything. If folks choose wrong enough they just may quit trying. Reviews are one of the ways to sort through it all. Just because a review isn't positive doesn't mean it can't still be respectful.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-26-2010, 02:14 PM   #21
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Thank you for posting this thread. For writers, feedback and reviews are appreciated more than anything else as indicators that someone, anyone, has taken the time to read and think about what you've written. Spending months or even years pouring over a manuscript and then publishing it, even offering it as a free download, the writer puts a huge amount of himself (or herself) into his creation. I know that when someone takes the time to post a review, or even send me feedback in an email, I REALLY appreciate it.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 02:48 PM   #22
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
To me a review from someone who disliked a book can be as valuable, if not more than a positive review. Especially with all the self published and small press stuff out now. Some of it is quite excellent, while some isn't very good and there is just so much of it being made available it's often hard to choose anything. If folks choose wrong enough they just may quit trying. Reviews are one of the ways to sort through it all. Just because a review isn't positive doesn't mean it can't still be respectful.

Constructive comment is always useful / helpful, even as you say when it is sometimes critical
Old 06-02-2010, 12:55 PM   #23
anabelee
Zealot
anabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enoughanabelee will become famous soon enough

Device: Woxter Scriba 150, pocketbook 360
I agree with Kevin and AnemicOak.
I tried to write some things, not in english as is not my native language, and it's very hard to express what you want, so critics, constructive, are better than only "I liked it".
anabelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #24
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
An excellent idea. I left a small review for Wesley (His Robot Girlfriend) on smashwords, and Jeff Inlo's Delver Magic series on Amazon.

I'm not a pro-reviewer, so they are short.

Thanks for the books guys.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:23 PM   #25
jinlo
aka coco jinlo
jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jinlo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Just purchased Sony 505, but alas, it is for the wife
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
An excellent idea. I left a small review for Wesley (His Robot Girlfriend) on smashwords, and Jeff Inlo's Delver Magic series on Amazon.

I'm not a pro-reviewer, so they are short.

Thanks for the books guys.
John F,
Thank you so much. A few words of support, a bit of praise, it does wonders for us all, and thus, your act of goodwill deserves to be recognized as well. I wish you great fortune in all your endeavors.

To all of you that are offering words of encouragement to writers, I thank you and want you to know that your efforts are appreciated.
jinlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:45 PM   #26
HistoryWes
Teacher/Novelist
HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HistoryWes ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR, iPad
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinlo View Post
John F,
Thank you so much. A few words of support, a bit of praise, it does wonders for us all, and thus, your act of goodwill deserves to be recognized as well. I wish you great fortune in all your endeavors.
Ditto.
HistoryWes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:03 PM   #27
Vintage Season
Pulps and dime novels...
Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Vintage Season ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura/Kobo Aura One LE/iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vintage Season View Post
So far, "We Don't Plummet Out of the Sky Anymore" has been blessed with a number of reviews from dedicated MR readers (thank you, cbarnett, dreams and DixieGal!) and one review from someone whose moniker I did not recognize (anyone know whether Lene Jorgensen is a member here?). It is my extreme good fortune that each of those has been five stars, and that the readers enjoyed the writing.

On behalf of all authors whose work you value enough to review, I say:
I suspect lene1949 is the "Lene Jorgenson" I asked about earlier!

My apologies for not figuring this out sooner, so that I could properly thank her alongside the others.

- M.
Vintage Season is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 04:08 PM   #28
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
You're both very welcome. I wish I was a better writer, if nothing else, I could give you guys better reviews.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:07 PM   #29
Ed_ODell
Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.Ed_ODell can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: none
Kevin2960,

Thank you for your post. And to all you readers reviewing, thank you! I know you've heard it many times, but your reviews are like gold to Indies. So long as it is fair, any review -- favorable or not -- is immeasurably helpful.

Regards,

Ed O'Dell
Three Minutes More
Ed_ODell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:18 PM   #30
Kevin2960
YODA's Uglier Twin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed_ODell View Post
Kevin2960,

Thank you for your post. And to all you readers reviewing, thank you! I know you've heard it many times, but your reviews are like gold to Indies. So long as it is fair, any review -- favorable or not -- is immeasurably helpful.

Regards,

Ed O'Dell
Three Minutes More

You guys keep writing, We'll keep reviewing, thats where this site is so good, bringing together ebook enthusiasts ( and readers in general) from all sides of the coin,

I would like to thank everyone who has input into this thread, Authors, Readers, Publishers, Whoever thas what makes this perhaps the number 1 eBook community (Well I think so anyway )