Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-18-2011, 02:55 PM   #1
emilikins
Short One in the Stacks
emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.emilikins can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: HTC Flyer; Kobo WiFi
eBook LibGuide - thoughts?

Hello,

I'm developing a LibGuide on ebooks, ereaders, and tablets for our website. My library does have a Kindle lending program and some ebooks in the collection that you can read online, but you can certainly argue these are disparate experiences from what many students and consumers will encounter outside of the library. (The Kindle is preloaded with our books).

I want a guide that is informative to students from both consumer and academic perspectives. There won't be a "buy this one!" suggestion, but rather a guide to how they can select a device for their needs (eInk vs. LCD, PDFs, sideloading, note taking, wifi, etc.). There'd be no point in a true buyers guide, as it's not our mission and things change so quickly.

What information do you wish your library had on ebooks and ereading? What have you seen done well, and what has NOT been done well?

Thanks!
Em
emilikins is offline   Reply With Quote