Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
BobLenx
Connoisseur
BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony505 K2 K3
Sending webpages to Kindle

IPad/Apple newbie here, had my ipad2 since March 12th - my first Apple product. I am in love with it.

Recently got InstaPaper app and really using it, easily clip the main body of a webpage to read later - fantastic research tool when browsing the net.

Then I wondered if I could use Klip.me (www.klip.me) to do the same thing with an article on a webpage and send it to my Kindle-3 as I do with my laptop. I have a French/English and Spanish/English dictionary on my Kindle to help me read newspapers in those languages.

Couldn't get it to work with Safari, but I actually use Mercury Pro web browser and have it set to fake it to look like Google Chrome. And voila!!! It works. The last two entries at the right of my bookmarks bar are now "InstaPaper" and "Klip.me". Has anyone gotten Klip.me to work in Safari?

For non Web text/photos, I use QuickOffice on my iPad to save it docx format and then email it to my kindle using myemail@free.kindle.com. Note that the docx is an attachment, not copied to the body of the email.

I am officially now a happy iPad Kindler LOL.
BobLenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #2
BobLenx
Connoisseur
BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BobLenx has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony505 K2 K3
Klip.me ok in Safari

Klip.me is working ok in Safari as well as Mercury browser. As usual, it was human error, mine LOL!
BobLenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-29-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
Serggg
Serggg began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3 & Touch
I'd also suggest to try my Sendtoreader (http://sendtoreader.com). In addition to bookmarklet which works fine in Chrome, FF, Safari and Opera, the app has several handy additions like online text editor (useful to join several texts into a single doc), ability to be integrated into the "Send to" Google Reader's menu and few other features.
Serggg is offline   Reply With Quote