Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-22-2017, 06:06 AM   #1066
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa1651 View Post
Oh! I used the PPal button in the first post, the transaction worked, who's the recipient then?
The recipient will be kiwidude. He is the creator of this and many other plugins. It is still his code and I have barely touched any of it.

As to me, I decided a long time ago not to set anything up. Anything I do on these plugins is because I want the function and fixing them is the best way to make sure I have it. Plus, I was far to lazy to do anything about it.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 06:39 PM   #1067
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
The recipient will be kiwidude. He is the creator of this and many other plugins. It is still his code and I have barely touched any of it.

As to me, I decided a long time ago not to set anything up. Anything I do on these plugins is because I want the function and fixing them is the best way to make sure I have it. Plus, I was far to lazy to do anything about it.
Fair enough. I already took care of kiwidude for this, but REALLY appreciate your contributions to keep it up to date and doing what we need it to do. (And yes, I get it about writing it because you want the result -- I once wrote a series of three Oracle book just because I wanted one of them and that was the only way the publisher would make the deal. I made a very modest advance, but got the book I needed in my day to day work. )
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2018, 06:18 AM   #1068
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post

I respect that. Thank you very much for your work!
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 07:03 AM   #1069
Alissa1651
Enthusiast

I've a bit of a problem with the GR date read. I've version 1.11 of the plugin, which is the last update. Lately after the sync I get no dates or wrong dates, please see from the screenshots the difference between my read shelf on GR and the calibre import. I know this happened with the books I edited on GR in the last month, so mostly December reads and a few others I've added in December but read before. Not all the dates are wrong/missing.
I cannot see a pattern though, can you help me understand what I should do? Thanks!

I have custom datestarted and dateread columns and I use the following plugin rules:
For books on the read-ebooks shelf:
+ Add 'Y' to column '#read'
+ Add 'started_at' to column '#datestarted'
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura.PNG
Views:	296
Size:	114.5 KB
ID:	161154   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura2.PNG
Views:	280
Size:	194.5 KB
ID:	161155   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura3.PNG
Views:	282
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	161156  
Old 01-05-2018, 03:08 AM   #1070
BananaTricky
BananaTricky began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa1651 View Post
I've a bit of a problem with the GR date read. I've version 1.11 of the plugin, which is the last update. Lately after the sync I get no dates or wrong dates, please see from the screenshots the difference between my read shelf on GR and the calibre import. I know this happened with the books I edited on GR in the last month, so mostly December reads and a few others I've added in December but read before. Not all the dates are wrong/missing.
I cannot see a pattern though, can you help me understand what I should do? Thanks!

I have custom datestarted and dateread columns and I use the following plugin rules:
For books on the read-ebooks shelf:
+ Add 'Y' to column '#read'
+ Add 'started_at' to column '#datestarted'
Hi, I have the same issue but I think it's an issue with Goodreads and not the plugin. I have found that if I go to my books in Goodreads and edit the date read (just save as is) then sync again the issue goes away. I think it may be associated with the issue which Goodreads was aware of a month or so ago where the date read was correctly entered but not recognised by Goodreads.
BananaTricky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #1071
Alissa1651
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BananaTricky View Post
Hi, I have the same issue but I think it's an issue with Goodreads and not the plugin. I have found that if I go to my books in Goodreads and edit the date read (just save as is) then sync again the issue goes away. I think it may be associated with the issue which Goodreads was aware of a month or so ago where the date read was correctly entered but not recognised by Goodreads.
Thank you very much! Previously I tried re-editing my reading dates from the edit activity in the books page, but now that you mentioned it, I also tried editing&saving dates from the "my books" list. That worked!
I simply clicked on edit and then save, but it only works from the book list, not from the activity details.

This way I'm able to fill the gaps. It's slightly more tricky to update the dates that were wrongly retrieved (the difference is usually one day, eg a book I finished on the 17th in GR becomes finished on the 18th in Calibre). Now that I'm looking closely, the earlier occurrence is in December 2016, well before the release of the reread feature. Anyway, I'm stopping here.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cattura.PNG
Views:	310
Size:	99.8 KB
ID:	161272  
Old 01-05-2018, 10:03 AM   #1072
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
@Alissa1651:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=943
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:20 PM   #1073
Alissa1651
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanNS View Post
Thanks shamaNS. No solution yet right? Yay for the (+1 day) bug . My earliest occurrence is in Dec 2016 (but there may be more, I don't really want to look further backwards), the re-reading thing happened in February and last time I posted in the Goodreads Feedback group for an issue I got more frustration than solutions. This being the plugin retrieve and all, I don't think they'll accept this issue as in-scope. Anyway, if you contact them let me know and I'll chime in.
Old 01-17-2018, 06:54 PM   #1074
nelluk
nelluk began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Looks like the fixes in the beta have not made it into the official plugin release yet.. any plans for that to happen in the near term? (Won't bother installing the beta if a normal plugin update will fix it in a few days).

Thanks for the fix!
nelluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #1075
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry, I had completely forgotten I had a beta for this out. I'll get the release done in the next few days.

Poke me if nothing has happened by Monday.
Old 01-20-2018, 08:31 AM   #1076
koleary2000
koleary2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 7 (2022 Edition)
Date Read not showing on Goodreads

Following the mess of the last week or so on the Goodreads website it seems that the "Date Read" function is not working with the "Goodreads Sync" calibre plugin.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem or is it just me?
All the other information and parts of the plugin seem to be working it's just this one aspect that appears faulty.
Any help would be appreciated. TIA
koleary2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #1077
Alissa1651
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary2000 View Post
Following the mess of the last week or so on the Goodreads website it seems that the "Date Read" function is not working with the "Goodreads Sync" calibre plugin.
Is anyone else experiencing the same problem or is it just me?
All the other information and parts of the plugin seem to be working it's just this one aspect that appears faulty.
Any help would be appreciated. TIA
shamanNS' post:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...&postcount=943

In my latest posts (#1069 up) I describe a similar problem. Missing dates and the +1 day problem. I solved following BananaTricky's advice:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...postcount=1070

I hope it gets fixed though, because this way I have to edit my reading dates twice (since I use the app, normally). If this is not your problem, then I'm sorry for the off-topic post.
Old 01-21-2018, 05:17 AM   #1078
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelluk View Post
Looks like the fixes in the beta have not made it into the official plugin release yet.. any plans for that to happen in the near term? (Won't bother installing the beta if a normal plugin update will fix it in a few days).
Looks like I was wrong. The changes in the last beta were released as 1.11.0 on 20/12/2017. If you are still having problems, please post some details so I can look at it.
Old 01-24-2018, 05:14 AM   #1079
koleary2000
koleary2000 began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Fire 7 (2022 Edition)
Forgive me if this is a known issue. I'm visually impaired and can't always read exactly what's mentioned in the forum.

When I use the "Goodreads Sync" plugin to upload my books to the website the plugin is picking up the "Date Read" field and for some reason makes it one day earlier. Please see my screenshot.

Sorry again if this is being worked on.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Goodreads Sync.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	161788  
koleary2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2018, 07:14 AM   #1080
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by koleary2000 View Post
Forgive me if this is a known issue. I'm visually impaired and can't always read exactly what's mentioned in the forum.

When I use the "Goodreads Sync" plugin to upload my books to the website the plugin is picking up the "Date Read" field and for some reason makes it one day earlier. Please see my screenshot.

Sorry again if this is being worked on.
I can see that here, and it is appears to be a time zone issue. It looks like the date being displayed in the dialog is in UTC, rather than the local time zone. If you put the cursor over the date read column, it will show the full timestamp with the time zone. The time part will be less than whatever your timezone is ahead of UTC.

I'll have a look at it in the next few days.

Tags
calibre, goodreads