Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 11-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #1
yuxi_kelly
Enthusiast
yuxi_kelly began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
the back ground color in MOBI, help!!

how can i made this text with back ground color shows in MOBI correctly?
when i use table to write, some part text will lost, so i need help.
see the picture below:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Q4%@CRXFA~TPPAS]SPJ5_K2.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	128.7 KB
ID:	61852  

Last edited by yuxi_kelly; 11-25-2010 at 10:10 PM.
yuxi_kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:03 AM   #2
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
In Kindle Formatting: The Complete Guide Joshua suggests using hr tags, and perhaps italics, to separate sidebars from regular text. He does use HTML tables with a background color for shorter pull quotes.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 12:58 AM   #3
yuxi_kelly
Enthusiast
yuxi_kelly began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
hi ,wallcraft

are you still here?
can you send me the exactly css style for this ? i want the words in text and be 4side bar and the background color. and the text in the four side bar is really long.

can you do it?
thanks a lot

Last edited by yuxi_kelly; 11-26-2010 at 01:10 AM.
yuxi_kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 05:56 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
mobi does not do CSS at all. The mobi creation program can interpret some CSS but only marginally. I suggest you read the link that Wallcraft pointed to.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote