Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 01-20-2018, 04:41 PM   #211
dwig
Wizard
dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dwig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Current:Surface Go & Kindle 3 - Retired: DellV8p, Clie UX50, ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by barryem View Post
They often made changes when they moved them to TV. On Gunsmoke on the radio Matt Dillon was played by William Conrad, and played very well. ...
Gunsmoke didn't really "move" from radio to TV. The runs of the two versions overlapped for years. The TV version started '55, roughly 3 years after the beginning of the radio version, and the radio version lasted until '61.
dwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:06 PM   #212
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Gunsmoke didn't really "move" from radio to TV. The runs of the two versions overlapped for years. The TV version started '55, roughly 3 years after the beginning of the radio version, and the radio version lasted until '61.
And often the scripts for the first TV shows were reworked scripts from the radio versions of old shows like Gunsmoke and Dragnet.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:10 PM   #213
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinisajoy View Post
Do you mean Endora from Bewitched?
That's her! I saw a list of the actors who were most on old time radio shows and she headed the list. I forget the number of radio episodes she was in but nobody else was even close. She was a favorite actor in a LOT of shows. I'm not aware that she ever had her own show but she might have. She was in probably half the Suspense episodes and that show ran for over 20 years. And she was in practically every other show a lot as well.

William Conrad, in 2nd place, was way behind her but he was still way ahead of anyone else. He had quite a few of his own shows, many of them very popular and long running shows, as well as being in everyone else's shows. I listened to an episode of "The Six Shooter" last night and he was in that.

Some other minor TV actors also were major radio actors. One example is Howard McNear, aka Floyd the Barber on Andy Griffith. He was Doc on Gunsmoke and he was in a lot of other shows. I don't recall if he was on that list I read but I'd be a little surprised if he wasn't.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:14 PM   #214
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
That's true. I was listening to them and watching them as a teen. I was a fan of both. I still am. And I liked the radio version a little more than the TV version. Still do.

"Have Gun, Will Travel", did the opposite. It began on TV and then was broadcast on radio, with John McIntire as Paladin. I think the TV version of these shows are better, although both are good.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote