Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 03-27-2020, 02:35 PM   #1
peter0conor
peter0conor began at the beginning.

Device: inkBOOK
Smile Library for Photos and audio books

Good morning,

I started using Calibre a few months ago. Every day I am getting more familiar with it, so I keep including my e-books in batches whenever I have time. While doing this, I realize that I could use the Calibre DB, not only for storing my digital books, but also my diplomas, certificates, audio books, etc. I tried with a few diplomas that i have in PDF with no problem of course, but the issue is that it won't recognize the ones I have saved in JPG, PNG, GIF, or other graphic format. I was surprised that it is able to see the JPG file, but it won't show the picture like if it was a cover, and when telling to open as a cover it won't recognize it. For sure it must be people already using Calibre to store graphic files and audio files. Could you please give me some advice about who to do it? For my diplomas/certificates I would like Calibre to show them as covers, that it is, and I will create an author name as "Certificate" so I can keep them all under the same folder in case I need to look for all of them quick. For my audio books, I have not tried yet, but as long as recognized and i can put the author, title, format and category I will be more than happy. I am sorry, just hope I am not repeating any threat, I could not find anything related with my question.

Thanks in advance,
Peter
peter0conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 02:56 PM   #2
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
"Media File Importer"

"Media File Importer" plugin:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=277104
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 06:36 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
On Windows: for .jpg images I convert to .jng in IrfanView and drop that into Book Details, calibre doesn't know about .jng files For image formats it does know about you can use this tweak to exclude them - I wouldn't exclude .jpg though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-03-28 090928.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	246.8 KB
ID:	177978

If you have multiple images put them in a flat zip archive, when you add that to a library it will be stored as a CBZ (Comic Book Zip), there are plenty of comic viewers around, my default is Honeyview.

Audio and video files can be stored in 'book' records, you might want to consider having separate physical libraries. If a book has multiple MP3s I get round calibre's 'only one file of any one format' limitation by creating a playlist file and storing that in calibre - one could do the same for music albums.

If you search this sub forum for "audio" you'll find some threads. And there's some old but maybe still useful links in here ==>> MP3/Audio Book file-management feature?

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 01:34 PM   #4
peter0conor
peter0conor began at the beginning.

Device: inkBOOK
Thank you both for your answers, they have been very useful.
peter0conor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 09:34 PM   #5
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Another option, would be to put "Certificate" on the label and you would have already filtered
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote