Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Anyone know a reliable web host?

What I'm looking for is an all-in-one package if possible, domain registration + web hosting and not too expensive. All I'll be hosting is static pages (maybe some twitter updates buried inside) and there shouldn't be too much bandwith going through. Any recommendations?
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:28 AM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Have you tried Montsnmags Enterprises? Okay, never mind. Good luck, Moejoe.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
I don't know if it fits what you're looking for, but I used GoDaddy and really liked them. Good bundle prices.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 08:47 AM   #4
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I've used Lunarpages for my books site from the beginning, and have had virtually 0 problems. They offer scads of services, all the popular stuff, at a great price.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #5
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Sounds like others have already given you some good choices. I've hosted my websites (.NET training/consulting and fine art photography) for several years at infosaic. I think their prices are competitive and their customer support has been outstanding.

Good luck!
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 09:47 AM   #6
ahammer
cybershark
ahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it isahammer knows what time it is

Device: none
the other forum I go to is hosted at Lunarpages and we have had no issue for like 2+ years using them

Quote:
Scraw, Rexer and I have been hosting our websites (including these forums) on Lunarpages.com for about 6 months now and it's been a great experience! Their hosting plans give you more than enough disk space and bandwidth, along with tons of great features. Their customer service is great and their uptime has been excellent! If you're looking for a web hosting provider, please help support Team ORJ by signing up with Lunarpages using the link below (we get a referral bonus). Thanks!

Enter coupon code "25OffHosting" to save $25 off any 12 or 24-month hosting plan!

350 GB Storage
3500 GB Bandwidth
Free Domain Name for Life!
$700 CoffeeCup Software FREE
10 Add-On Domains Included
Excellent customer service!

Only $6.95 per month when you sign up for a 24-month hosting plan, $7.95 per month with a 12-month hosting plan!

note this is from a 2007 post it prices and coupon may not be valid then again they may
ahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #7
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I've used Lunarpages for my books site from the beginning, and have had virtually 0 problems. They offer scads of services, all the popular stuff, at a great price.
Just looked them over and they do very good deals (especially with what I'm looking for). $55 with domain registration on the basic plan, which is only £35. I'm very happy with that price. Thanks for the reccomendation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahammer View Post
the other forum I go to is hosted at Lunarpages and we have had no issue for like 2+ years using them

note this is from a 2007 post it prices and coupon may not be valid then again they may
The code does seem to be working, but not for the low-cost package I'm looking at. Thanks anyway, Lunarpages looks like a really good choice
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote