Old 04-20-2012, 05:25 AM   #1
imageraw
Connoisseur
imageraw began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-650
Arabic fonts?

hi everyone,

new to the world of eReaders and the the forum. Glad to be here

I've just got myself a Sony PRS-650, and I was wondering if you knew where to find/how to install Arabic fonts on it. Apologies if this has already been dealt with - I couldn't find any specific ref on how to do this.

Arabic on PDF should be fine - though I haven't tried yet, will do soon. The problem is reading (for instance) RTF or news articles.

Thank you!
imageraw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:42 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Hi imageraw,

and welcome at MR! I'm sure you will enjoy your Sony PRS-650.

Regarding fonts: you may have a look at PRS+
or take a shortcut and check out Analogus web-page

But I fear you will have to stick to PDF's with embedded fonts, because the PRS line doesn't support right-to-left reading.
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2012, 07:24 AM   #3
imageraw
Connoisseur

Thank you Mark Nord!

Sorry I've forgotten to mention I'm on Linux Ubuntu.

I could try out the PRS+ and perhaps the person who designed it might be able to advise re: adding Arabic - if the thread is still open (I'll check).

In the meantime, I've got a question:

in Ubuntu, on terminal, I can unpack the PRS+ zip as follows:

~$ sudo unzip PRSP_650_2.1.01alpha.zip

then I'd have to cp + sync it to the READER folder in the Sony PRS 650, and here I'm stuck...

I tried ~$ cp PRSP /media/READER/ but it doesn't work. Most likely I need the name of the package - and can't find it...
Old 04-20-2012, 09:38 AM   #4
imageraw
Connoisseur

sorry just realised I should've started a new thread will re-post last question